First the basic setup of the Custom XML (document type definition, creation of XML Family and XML Format, B2B Capabilities and Connection) needs to be done and the XML can be routed with the simple Action “Pass Through”.
The following steps then needs to be performed to allow the XML to be validated before being passed through:
1) In the connection, set “Custom XML Pass Through with Validation” as the new action.
2) Browse to Hub Admin -> Hub Configuration -> Document Definition
3) Click the “edit attribute values” icon (blue arrow) for the custom XML Document Type.
4) Select Upload map
5) Select corresponding XSD file and click Upload
6) Repeat steps 2-3
7) Click “Add attributes” to add Document Definition Context Attributes
8)Select “Validation Map” and click Save
9) Browse to Account Admin -> Connections and search for connection
10) Click Attributes on the Source side of the connection
11) Click the “Collapsed node. Click to expand” icon (blue folder) for Document Type
12) From the Validation Map dropdown, select the xsd validation map and click save
Now the XML will be validated against the uploaded XSD file before being passed through.
If you need to upload a newer version of the XSD file, you need to remove the old one first. This can be done via Hub Admin -> Hub Configuration -> Maps -> Validation Maps.
After you have uploaded the new map, please repeat step 12 from above, as the deletion of a map resets this connection attribute.