What’s New in OMEGAMON XE for IMS v510
IBM® Tivoli® OMEGAMON® XE for IMS® v5.10 provides the following key enhancements and benefits:
- Self-Describing Agents (SDA) reduces the total cost of ownership and improves time to value by eliminating manual installation of application data on ITM servers (TEMS and TEPS) as well as eliminating monitoring outages due to recycling these servers when agents are updated by maintenance. With SDA, the proper level of application data is automatically propagated and installed on all ITM server components ensuring that the application data is kept synchronized between all ITM components.
- PARMGEN improves time to value by simplifying configuration.
- New customizable Enhanced 3270 User Interface can display data from multiple OMEGAMON monitoring agents (e.g., z/OS, CICS, DB2) reducing the time to resolve real-time problems.
- IMSplex support offers information to help determine the health of your IMSplex.
- IMS command support in the Enhanced 3270 User Interface provides the ability to resolve issues such as lock conflicts by issuing IMS commands from the same interface used for monitoring.
- Application Trace Facility (ATF) provides virtual storage constraint relief by replacing the use of ECSA for data collection with the use of 64-bit common storage and has been optimized to occupy a smaller storage footprint.
- Deprecation of the Near Term History (NTH) feature of the Transaction Reporting Facility (TRF) reduces CPU by eliminating this duplicate trace facility in favor of ATF, a more robust trace facility.
To view problem solving scenarios using the new Enhanced 3270 User Interface, click on the following link:
OMEGAMON XE for IMS v510 Problem Solving Scenarios using the Enhanced 3270 User Interface
The v510 OMEGAMON family of products continues to reduce the total cost of ownership by eliminating manual installation of data on ITM Management and Portal servers and improves time to value by simplifying configuration. The new Enhanced 3270 User Interface provides a modern, intuitive, and integrated approach for analyzing problems with the zOMEGAMON monitors.
OMEGAMON XE for IMS v510 provides a consolidated view of your entire IMS enterprise by displaying the health of all IMSplex and silo environments. The Application Trace Facility (ATF) has been greatly enhanced during the v420 life cycle and with the support available in v510 has obviated the need for the Near Term History component of TRF providing both a reduction in CPU overhead as well as a smaller storage footprint.
OMEGAMON XE for IMS v510 became Generally Available (GA) on September 14, 2012.