Upcoming Webcasts About z/OS Version 1 Release 13
WiltrudRebmann 120000D5AH Visits (4644)
Information about two upcoming webcasts about z/OS 1.13
To register: http
PART 1 - What's new with z/OS and z/OS Management Facility Version 1 Release 13, and more!
SPEAKER: Gita Grube Berg, IBM Server Technology Group Marketing
TUESDAY November 15, 2011, 11AM(ET)
z/OS® and z/OS Management Facility Version 1 Release 13 provides significant value to your business by delivering new performance, programming, and operational improvements for your z/OS workloads. This one hour webcast will cover:
· Simplified batch application programming and potentially shortened batch windows
· COBOL and Java interoperability for DB2, using the new z/OS Batch Runtime environment.
· Expanded access to z/OS batch, through a new web-based (REST) interface which enables you to submit batch jobs and access batch output data and status from non-z/OS systems.
· Improved performance for z/OS UNIX System Services workloads and traditional workloads.
· Autonomics to give you earlier warning of issues before they can potentially disrupt business
· Cloning z/OS software and deploying software more easily and consistently.
· Defining new storage volumes quickly and easily
· More easily maintaining highly secure connections, even in large complex networks
· Creating a more unified z/OS experience
PART 2 - Accelerate your Migration to z/OS Version 1 Release 13!
SPEAKER: Marna Walle, IBM System Software Senior Technical Staff Member, z/OS Development
TUESDAY December 6, 2011, 11AM(ET)
This one hour webcast will cover technical installation requirements which can help jump start your migration to z/OS V1.13. By attending, you will learn:
· Short overview of the new function in z/OS V1.13
· Coexistence requirements for z/OS V1.13
· How to use SMP/E FIXCATs and the IBM Health Checker for z/OS for migration assistance.
· Selected important migration actions
· Highlights of what functions have been removed since z/OS V1.11, and some important removals in the future to prepare for now