We have started the Early Access Program for the next release of TADz in February 2012.
TADz is the replacement for Tivoli License Compliance Manager for s/390 (TLCMz) 4.2 which goes out of service on 30 Sept 2012.
The current versions of TADz are 7.2 and 7.5.
We encourage all current users of TLCMz to convert to TADz as soon as possible.
This is an invitation to all TLCMz and TADz users to participate in the EAP and the Beta which is starting in July 2012.
You can contact the development team on email@example.com for more details or questions.
The IBM support portal for TADz :
At a glance
IBM Tivoli® Asset
Discovery for z/OS® (TADz)
- Provides discovery and identification services for the z/OS platform
- Monitors software usage and trends
- Reports on the million of service units (MSUs) capacity of each
logical partition (LPAR) under which software is running
- Provides customizable reports for inventory and usage
For ordering, contact Your IBM representative or an IBM Business Partner.
For more information contact the Americas Call Centers at
IBM Tivoli Asset
Discovery for z/OS V7.5
(TADz) identifies software inventory, measures usage activity, assists with
license compliance and audit readiness, and helps manage costs in mainframe
- Monitors software usage trends in an effort to help plan financially optimal
capacity upgrades and server consolidation, allocate additional resources
to priority projects, and plan the migration of old-version and duplicate-function
- Manages and verifies license compliance by helping with audit readiness
- Identifies software inventory with no or low-use activity to help reduce
license fees and allocate expensive low-use software to the appropriate department,
enhancing the charge-back process
- Can help in preparing for contract negotiations and audits with key information
- Reports on the millions of service units (MSUs) capacity of each logical
partition (LPAR) under which software is running
- Helps with disaster recovery planning with software-use activity information
- Solves major information challenges needed for effective mainframe software
asset management by identifying software inventory, measuring product use
activity by LPAR, and automatically link license entitlements to installed
inventory and use activity
TADz V7.5 enhancements:
- Improved time to value by:
- Leveraging Systems Management Facility data already collected for product
- Providing new out-of-the-box operational based reports using the new Analyzer
feature for faster and better z/OS inventory reporting
- Improved product documentation
- Expanded software identification capabilities through discovery of Workload
Application Scheduler z/OS products
- Improved performance of TADz main functions reducing CPU and elapsed time
in key areas such as database access, inquisitor import, match engine, and
load to repository
- Support for latest levels of required platforms such as z/OS V1.12, DB2® for z/OS V10.1