A complete Power Solutions guide to Innovate 2011
less than 2 weeks until Innovate and we know that with 18 different
tracks, making the decision on which track to follow can sometimes be
difficult. Luckily, I know the ins and outs of at least one of them –
the Power Systems track – and I’m giving you the rundown on everything
we have planned. Take a look at the highlights below and feel free to
leave any comments if you have questions or suggestions!
Highlights for Power Systems professionals at Innovate 2011 include:
- Dedicated Power Systems track with sessions hosted by IBM thought leaders, technical experts, business partners and customers.
- Power Systems Solutions Suite for one-on-one demos and consultations with IBM experts.
- A robust selection of hands-on technical workshops, Innovate labs (new products), and birds-of-a-feather sessions.
- System z & Enterprise Modernization and Power customers reception at Shula’s Steak House in the Dolphin hotel Tuesday 7-9 PM
Power System sessions
Innovate 2011 features an Enterprise Modernization session
stream with an entire track dedicated to Power Systems, as well as many
Power Systems relevant sessions in other tracks. Here are just a few
- IBM Power Systems dream team: Ask the Experts.
IBM technology leaders share real-life customer examples around
developing, modernizing, and maintaining applications with the latest
IBM Rational development systems for Power Systems.
Pose your questions to: Kevin Stoodley, IBM Fellow: CTO Enterprise Modernization Tools and Compilers; Mark Ball, Distinguished Engineer: Business Development, IBM Systems Software; John Shedletsky, IBM Software Group, Strategy VP, Competitive Technology; and more.
- A day in the life of a Power Systems developer. This hands-on technical workshop uses "real-life"
scenarios to show you how to leverage IBM Rational Developer for Power,
Rational Team Concert, and Compilers to build better software products
with a comprehensive development environment for teams. Register for the Power Systems workshop at Innovate 2011
- Real stories of development transformation with IBM® Rational® Developer for Power Systems and IBM Rational Team Concert™.
Learn how IBM Power Systems shops are transforming development
processes by adopting modern development and team collaboration tools.
Click here to download a list of all the Power sessions and descriptions
Power Systems solutions suite
- Improve productivity with modern development tools
- Effectively use compilers to exploit your Power Systems, including multicore
- Modernize and extend your Power Systems applications
- Debug your applications quicker with integrated point and click technology
- Consolidate and port to Power Systems
- Experience a developer’s journey through application life cycle and governance
Contact Susan Yoskin to register for the Power Systems Solutions Suite
Visit our Power pedestals in the solution center
Stop by the ”Power Zone” at the Solution Center for a
first-hand look at a broad range of software and hardware solutions by
IBM and IBM Business Partners, including:
- Enterprise Modernization solutions for Power Systems
- Watson Kiosk – try your Jeopardy! skills against Watson
- Live Power Server 750 on display – the building block for Watson and the Rational Power Appliance
- Play in the sandbox! Test drive IBM solutions in the Enterprise Modernization Sandbox for Power Systems
System z & Enterprise Modernization reception
Don’t miss the special reception exclusively for System z &
Enterprise Modernization and Power customers, hosted by Phil Weintraub
(Vice President, North America IBM System z Software Sales) at Shula’s
Steak House on Tuesday evening. Innovate badge will be required for
When: Tuesday, June 7 – 7-9pm
Where: Shula’s Steak House, Dolphin Hotel
Please RSVP in advance
Remember, you must be registered for Innovate before you can register for the Power System events. Register now and save $100 – just use the special promotion code PWRT.