If you're kicking yourself because you didn't attend the 2011 EGL Conference
, Innovate 2011 is just around the corner (June 5 - 9
in Orlando, Florida). Innovate provides a great opportunity to learn about the latest and greatest technologies from IBM (and partners) for effectively developing software. Why attend?
- Meet and talk to EGL experts
- Hear great EGL success stories
- Learn where EGL is going
As usual, we have a great line up of EGL sessions, including:
- Sunday, 9:15 AM - Application development got you down? Address complexity with EGL, an open, extensible programming language (DR1908). This session is designed for anyone new to EGL. Note: this session is in the Discover Rational track, so we hope to meet a lot of new people wanting to learn more about EGL!
- Monday 10 AM - Kickoff: Rational development tools strategy and latest announcements for IBM Power Systems (PWR2186). Hear where tools for the i and Power platforms are going. Also, hear how Beacon Award Finalists, Imtech, developed a modern web application for Landal GreenParks using EGL.
- Monday, 11:15 AM - Automated Conversion of Legacy Applications: A Modernization Strategy That Works (SZ1553). Come learn how businesses are reducing costs by minimizing or eliminating software licensing expenses, deploying to lower cost environments, and eliminating duplicate development tools and processes by migrating to EGL.
- Monday, 3 PM - Choosing the Right Modernization Approach for Your Business (PWR1250). This session will discuss various options for IBM i shops needing to modernize. The session will cover various Rational technologies, including EGL. If you are an i shop that needs to modernize, but not sure which approach/technology you should use, you need to come to this session!
- Wednesday, 11:15 AM - The inner workings of EGL, a solution to the complexities of modern application development (SZ1594). Presented by EGL Chief Architect, Tim Wilson, this session provides an overview of how the EGL technology is constructed, and how it's designed to continue growing and evolving as software development evolves. Also, hear how other vendors are building tools that extend and compliment the tools provided by IBM and Eclipse.
Other activities you do not want to miss ...
- Birds of a feather (BOF) sessions on application migrations using EGL and EGL open source project (Monday night and Tuesday night)
- Solution Suite (interactive, 1:1 demos with IBM technical experts)
- Exhibit hall (demos of latest and greatest EGL tools and technologies)
- User Experience Zone (demos and hands-on activities showing the latest EGL tooling features)
If you attended Innovate the last few years, you know we always make BIG, SURPRISE
announcements around EGL. In 2009 we launched the free, slimmed down EGL Community Edition (CE) tool and had a raucous birds-of-a-feather (BOF) discussion about what it was, why we were doing it, and when you might be able to get your hands on it. Last year we made the major announcement that EGL was going open source and, again, had a lively after-hours discussion (by the way, this was the highest attended BOF at Innovate 2010)! You never know what we might announce at Innovate 2011!!! Well, actually, no major surprises are planned for this year, but there are still plenty of good reasons to attend!Save $$$
To save $100 on your registration, use promotion code SYSZ
(if you are a System z customer) or PWRT
(if you are an IBM i or Power customer). Make sure to pick System z or Power as your top track preference when you register. For more information and to register, visit: www.ibm.com/software/rational/innovate/ See you in Orlando ...