As always we want to live our IT life without any complexity so we can enjoy it, do more in less time and stay away from pain.
In Cloud Computing era, complexity is increased due to multiple products and different technology integration, also to keep everything under one umbrella.
Based on that let's say If I need do deploy "Sample JEE Web Application" ( part of sample ) in cloud in assuming I have IWD initial setup is done and it is available for me to use it.
This is what I need to do to deploy "Sample JEE Web Application" pattern.
- Login to IWD with Admin ID
- Create IP Group
- Create Cloud Group
- Accept License for Virtual Application Patterns
- Accept the License for "Workload Deployer - Base Image"
- Create new user to deploy pattern with "Deploy Pattern" permission
- Logout from Admin user and Login as a new user
- Select the Virtual Application Pattern "Sample JEE Web Application" and Deploy in cloud
That's it, take a break and come back and you will have your application running in cloud.
From my view I can say it is very easy for me to deploy Pattern but it can be difficult for another person.
Now how can you define Product Simplicty ?
- In simple words take deviation of "Actual difficulty" and "User expectation of difficulty". Smaller the deviation , product is easier to
Here we are also dependent on User experties and comfortablity with product.
There are more factors involved here like
- Product design
- Consumability features in product
- How well the user know about product
- How well the user know the technology and so on...
Due to various factors, we can not satisfy everybody's simplicity requirement but always work on making product more simpler and easier to use based on feedback and suggestions.