We are happy to announce the start of a new Learning Circle for Rational Quality Manager.
A learning circle is a place for people to come together and learn. The value proposition is simple – access to people and filtered information. We’ve gathered the experts together to crowdsource finding the best learning content no matter where it lives. Picture sitting in the cube next to a group of experts and being able to shout over the wall when you had a question or needed to know how to complete a task.
Our primary goal with learning circles is to increase the number of people who are able to use our products and solutions. When people “graduate” from a learning circle, we hope that they have the following:
- Basic competencies (self-assessed)
- New learning relationships – a network of people to learn with
How can you use learning circles?
Think learning as a service. Here are a few examples of innovative usage models for learning circles.
- Study groups - small or large – can come together, online or in person, to learn from each other and use the learning circles to provide content for discussions.
- Organizations can use learning circles to provide basic competencies allowing them to focus on higher value learning
- Training organizations can use learning circles to complement their course offerings
- University students can use learning circles to learn and establish relationships with people in various industries
- Self paced individual learning, with support when you need it.
To learn more about Learning Circles or to find additional learning circles, please visit our Learning Circle page on developerWorks.