Want to experience COBOL for AIX, productive and powerful development environment for building COBOL applications.
IBM® COBOL for AIX®, V4.1.1 delivers various performance
improvements in the COBOL runtime libraries that can help your
applications run faster, enhanced I/O functionality, and productivity
enhancements, which are described below.
COBOL for AIX, V4.1.1 provides:
- Runtime performance improvements for applications that use:
- Packed arithmetic and conversion to and from packed-decimal data
- Dynamic calls, external variables, external files, as well as module caching
- Multiple INSPECT statements
- File I/O performance improvements for the following file systems:
- NAT (Line Sequential)
- SdU (Sequential and Relative organizations only)
- STL (Sequential organization only)
- File I/O functional enhancements
- A file system (RAW) that enables you to directly access a QSAM file that you transferred (using z/OS FTP) from z/OS to AIX
- A WSCLEAR suboption to make it easier to port non-IBM COBOL files to COBOL for AIX, and to debug COBOL for AIX programs
Download a 60-day evaluation of COBOL for AIX, V4.1.1 today.