Seems like only yesterday we launched the developerWorks Downloads page, which consisted of a handful of product trials that you could test drive on your system at no charge. It was (and still is) a great deal -- but as you know, IBM offers much more than a handful of software solutions.
Fast forward to 2011. Those options seem almost quaint compared with those of its current successor, Downloads, trials, and cloud. This robust resource allows you to evaluate more than 100 IBM products, including Information Management, Lotus, Rational, Tivoli, and WebSphere offerings. Trial, full, or beta versions of many products are now available for download. Online trials and product sandboxes enable you to try out products that run on an IBM server; sandbox exercises recreate common user scenarios to help you solve specific business problems. And you can now check out a range of IBM products in the cloud, where capacity, bandwidth, storage, and reliability aren't issues.
Here's something else that isn't an issue: All of these evaluation options are still no charge. Adjusted for inflation, of course.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Manage your IBM i Domino servers using APIs (IBM i)
- Integrating with Outbound Broker web services for Initiate Patient V9.2 (Information Management)
- Configure print services in mixed Linux and Windows environments (Linux)
- What's new in Rational Host Access Transformation Services Version 8 (Rational)
- Why going APE can improve software development (Rational)
- New WebSphere Developer Technical Journal (WebSphere)