Let's face it: It's one thing to explore a technical topic; it's entirely another to master it. Here at developerWorks, we bring you boatloads of informative technical resources week after week, but when it comes to getting deep, directed understanding of specific skills, you might occasionally find yourself feeling somewhat, well ... adrift.
Allow us to help you navigate to the land of expertise with our new developerWorks knowledge paths. These focused learning guides bring together a broad range of resources -- articles, tutorials, trial software, demos, and more -- to help you gain the depth of understanding you're after. Start building your skills in any of 35 different knowledge paths, including cloud computing basics, Linux system administration, agile software development, and HTML5 fundamentals (with more on the way). You can follow the steps in each path sequentially, or focus only on the items that interest you. We even help you keep track of your progress. Ready to set sail? Read Daryl Pereira's overview to see how knowledge paths can add more depth to your skill set.
And no, I have no idea how I ended up with a nautical theme here. Ah well, anchors aweigh and bon voyage!
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
Our other top features on developerWorks this week:
- Implement NPIV on Power systems (AIX and UNIX)
- Analyze big data with InfoSphere BigInsights (Information Management)
- Find the missing link using dependency visualization in Eclipse (Open source)
- Business Agility: A technical perspective from the IBM Rational software staff (Rational)
- Define application architectures with Rational Software Architect (Rational)
- Achieve minimal downtime for a WebSphere Commerce application (WebSphere)
- Create a JAX-RS client for Android (XML)