In one of the more innovative developments in mass media, many movie theaters are now simulcasting events to bring alternative forms of entertainment to the big screen. This enables more people in more places to experience everything from sports to stage operas in ways they never could before. Who says Othello and Gummy Bears don't go well together?
Well, we've found a similar way to bring the action closer to you during Innovate 2010: The Rational Software Conference: If you're near one of our IBM Innovation Centers in Austin, Chicago, Dallas, San Mateo, Toronto, or Waltham on 9 June, you can catch the remote feed of the main tent sessions at the full conference in Florida. (Cost: no charge.) Then again, if you're one of those folks who just has to catch everything in person, you still have time to make it to Innovate 2010 on 6 - 10 June in Orlando, Florida. The conference features more than 350 sessions across 18 technical tracks that focus on IT, systems, security, and more. Find out how IT professionals like you are using Rational solutions to overcome their software and product delivery challenges. Register now -- rates go up in just a few days!
And rest assured, the dining options will be better than those at your typical multiplex concession stand.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- CodeIgniter and Ajax using jQuery: Create effective and usable Web 2.0 interfaces (Web development)
- Password maintenance: Using chpasswd and pwgen (AIX and UNIX)
- Learn Linux, 101: Debian package management (Linux)
- Data mining with WEKA: Classification and clustering (Open source)
- Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management interoperability (Rational)
- Build smarter event-driven business processes with the WebSphere BPM suite (WebSphere)
- Combine HTML 5, geolocation APIs, and Web services to create mobile mashups (XML)