Once upon a time, there was a nifty little web site where developers could go to find technical tutorials and software downloads and other cool stuff. And the IT community was happy. Mostly. A few years passed, and that web site grew into a community resource packed with networking features that enabled IT professionals to connect and collaborate with one another to solve all kinds of technical challenges. Pretty soon, businesses began integrating that web site's tools into their standard processes. And that made them very happy.
It's no fairy tale. In fact, this year's IBM Beacon Awards recognize two Business Partners for their creative use of developerWorks' community assets to achieve specific business objectives. Sunbay AG earned the top award by leveraging developerWorks resources to drive collaboration worldwide and improve its time to market. The runner-up, Cohesive Flexible Technologies, used developerWorks to reach out to new markets and enhance its own collaboration. Get the whole story on Editor-in-Chief Michael O'Connell's blog. (Sorry, Michael, I think I gave away the ending.)
Are you taking advantage of all the powerful tools in the developerWorks community? Time to write the ending to your story -- or at least the next chapter.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Achieve cross-browser functionality with HTML5 and CSS3 (Web development)
- Speaking UNIX: Introduction to emerging file systems (AIX and UNIX)
- Extend the WebSphere Message Broker Healthcare sample for real-world integration (Industries)
- Bring data together with OpenLayers (Open source)
- PHP V5.3 invigorates object-oriented programming with late static binding (Open source)
- Quick iWidgets using Rational Application Developer Web 2.0 tools (Rational)
- Work with web services using the EXPath HTTP client (XML)