With the approach of the Halloween season, our collective thoughts turn to the unknown -- zombies, demons, and all manner of fearsome creatures capture our attention (and our candy supplies), and reinforce for another year our fascination with things that we don't fully comprehend. But fear of the unknown isn't just a kid thing. In the business realm, the scariest bugbears are change and complexity: Ignore them and they can do you in; understand, embrace, and harness them, and you'll be rewarded with innovation, transformation, and growth. (How's that for a treat?)
With the new IBM Software for Business Agility, you can make the most of change and complexity by making better business decisions, taking a smarter approach to business processes, and accelerating application, service, and information delivery. Want to know more? Register for the upcoming Business Agility Live webcast on 13 October, join us in person for one of our IBM Business Agility Executive Forum events, or visit our Business Agility overview page on developerWorks. We'll show you how IBM software can give you the edge you need to stay ahead of the competition, and tame those monsters.
Think of us as the house that gives away the big candy bars.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Data mining with Ruby and Twitter (Open source)
- Set up a firewall with AIX TCP/IP filtering (AIX and UNIX)
- Functional programming: Rethinking code reuse (Java technology)
- Internationalization in mixed Linux/Windows environments (Linux)
- Why software quality assurance and IT security need to work together (Rational)
- New IBM Business Process Management Journal (WebSphere)
- Integrate Blogger content with PHP applications using the Blogger Data API (XML)