If you're like me, you spend the last few days before a big trip running around like a reality-show contestant in the Amazon rainforest. There are flights to confirm, travel-sized hygiene products to buy, and suitcases to stuff -- not to mention all the work that won't get done while you're away. And right now, I know several thousand of you are in high gear as you prepare for next week's Impact 2011 conference in Las Vegas. But in the midst of all the insanity, you can look forward to enjoying the transformative learning and networking event for IT and business leaders (including a chance to interact with the Watson supercomputer).
Things may be more low-key for those of you who won't be attending the conference, but you don't have to miss out on all the action. Starting Monday, you can catch streaming video presentations on Impact TV; host Scott Laningham's insightful interviews always manage to capture the spirit of the event. Plus, you'll find great news and commentary on the Impact Blog, and you can join the discussions on Impact Conversations.
Of course, it's not too late to catch the conference. If you still haven't made your plans, well, your spontaneity is impressive -- just be sure to register today! Oh, and now would be a good time to pick up some of those little shampoos.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- New WebSphere Developer Technical Journal (WebSphere)
- An inside look at DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition (Information Management)
- Moving a PHP application to DB2 from MySQL: Migrate your data (Information Management)
- Java PaaS shootout (Java technology)
- Develop web apps for telecom services without telecom protocol skills (Rational)
- Roundup: How to integrate Rational Team Concert with other software (Rational)