IBM i enthusiasts, thanks for your patience -- your zone is ready!
If you're a fan of the IBM i Operating System, you've seen it go through a number of changes over the years (it has previously gone by the names OS/400 and i5/OS). And while you may have noticed IBM i resources here on developerWorks, we've never had a central repository for all of our IBM i content. Until now. Our new IBM i zone makes it easy to find a wide range of technical resources -- articles, forums, downloads, technical updates, and much more -- related to this popular OS. Those of you who are already familiar with IBM i know how unique it is, with its high level of integration (that's what the "i" stands for) and an underlying architecture that provides for simplicity, stability, and security.
If you haven't discovered this powerful OS, our New to IBM i page provides a solid overview while this podcast offers additional background on the new zone. And if you want to stay current on all of our new IBM i content, why not update your profile to include IBM i resources in your newsletter? (This week, the IBM i listings appear below for all subscribers.)
Our goal is to make sure you never want for IBM i resources. And that isn't about to change.
Until next week,
John Swanson and the developerWorks editorial team
This week's top features on developerWorks:
- Cloud versus desktop: The decision for end-user apps (Cloud computing)
- Tune your Informix database for top performance: Tuning the data model and the application (Information Management)
- Secure Java web services using WS-SecurityPolicy (Java technology)
- Virtualization for embedded systems (Linux)
- Integrate cloud applications with WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud Integration (WebSphere)
- Capture use case documents with DITA specialization and extension (XML)