The User's Guide for the Tivoli® Log File Agent, Version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2, released on July 6, 2012 can be found here:
The User's Guide contains information on installing, configuring, using, and troubleshooting the Tivoli Log File Agent.
For version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2, the following enhancements have been made since version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 1:
- Log File agent subnodes and monitoring profiles
- A single Log File agent instance can be used to monitor multiple applications by using the Tivoli® Monitoring subnode mechanism.
- Specify regular expressions in a directory for log file sources
- You can configure the Log File agent to search for log files to monitor not only with regular expressions in the file name but also with regular expressions in one subdirectory of the path.
- CPU throttling
- CPU throttling sets an upper limit for the agent's use of the processor over a 1-minute time interval.
- Multiple EIF Channel Support
- You can configure the Log File agent to use multiple EIF streams to send events to multiple event destinations in parallel.