When the Tivoli Log File Agent is upgraded to version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2 version, the previously configured instance and situation names that are in lowercase characters no longer function.
After update the Log File Agent of IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 FixPack 2 to a current installation of the Log File Agent (KLO). The instance or situation names that were previously displayed in lowercase characters now appear in both lowercase and uppercase characters in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Client display. The displayed instance and situation names that are in lowercase are "greyed out" (offline) and the uppercase versions of these names do not function.
The IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 Fix Pack version of the Log File Agent is using with the IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 GA Windows Installer version, which cause the problem.
Windows Log File Agent of IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2
Resolving the problem:
The problem is fixed in Log File Agent version 6.3 (CIGM5ML)
1) Copy the files WINDOWS\ISSetup.dll and WINDOWS\InstallITM\ITMISUtil.dll files from IBM Tivoli Monitoring release 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2 or Fix Pack 1 release CD image and replace the files ISSetup.dll and ITMISUtil.dll to the writable Log File Agent install image.
- For the install media installation:
The files on are located in the downloaded version of KLO_DVD-201206221104-21741 directory.
- For the remote deploy installation:
Replace the files in the Log File Agent (KLO) remote deploy directory as follows:
. Windows - %DEPOTHOME%\ISSetup.dll and %DEPOTHOME%\InstallITM\ITMISUtil.dll
. Unix/Linux - $DEPRTHOME/ISSetup.dll and $DEPRTHOME/InstallITM/ITMISUtil.dll
2) Install or deploy the Log File agent.
3) If the install falls with remote deploy, then the Log File Agent must be installed locally.