ITCAM for Microsoft Applications Beta Program Announcement
SteveBarnett 27000366A4 Visits (5696)
pleased to announce a Beta Program for the new release of ITCAM for
This release will usher in a new era in monitoring data visualization; Tivoli Integration Portal (TIP) based new dashboard for SQL Server DBA will provide next generation visualization enhancements and significantly improve productivity and usability in the application administrator's operations.
The Beta program team is looking for worldwide participants (customers or business partners) to participate in this Program for ITCAM for Microsoft Applications.
Participants will receive access to the product beta code and documentation during the program. Participants will also receive direct support from the product development team. This support will help participants to evaluate the product in their own environments and provide feedback on the product.
The goal of this program is to involve participants in our development process, generate customer feedback to the development team and help make the product successful in the marketplace.
· To obtain feedback on design of new features
· To obtain feedback on the functional enhancements.
· To validate GA readiness in customer environments
· To identify potential reference account leads
· To increase customer satisfaction and to decrease support costs through early identification of defects.
· To identify new product requirements
· To improve the IBM product offerings against competition.
Benefits to participants
The participant benefits include:
• Product education on release enhancements
• The opportunity to discuss problems and share ideas with product experts from IBM and other customers
• The ability to install, configure and evaluate the new product code in the Beta participant’s own test environment to validate new functionality
• Dedicated support provided by the beta team and development for the duration of the beta
• The opportunity to influence the product and future directions
• A password protected website including a discussion forum will be used for problem support and discussion of questions, issues etc. This forum will be monitored by product development.
• Product related education will be provided.
• All support will be provided during regular business hours for the duration of the beta program.
• Code and documentation defects will be addressed by the development and IDD team. This process will be expedited by the beta team.
Key features of the new planned release
Consumability, High-Value New Features
· TIP based dashboards (SQL Server DBA)
· Cross-agent integration (new composite workspaces)
· Installation prereq checker facility
· Self describing agent facility
· SQL Server 2011 support and exploitation
· Exchange Server 2010 SP2 support
· Implementation of selected customer enhancement requests
· Enhanced integration with TADDM (SharePoint DLA)
· Cognos TCR reports delivered out-of-the-box
· Bundle with ITM 6.2.3 Interim Feature 1
Hardware & Software specifications
· Active Directory (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2)
· Exchange Server (2003, 2007, 2010)
· SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2011)
· .NET Framework (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0)
· BizTalk Server (2006, 2009, 2010)
· SharePoint Server (2003, 2007, 2010)
· IIS (6.0 - Windows 2003, 7.0 - Windows 2008, 7.5 - Windows 2008 R2)
· Cluster Server (5.2 - Windows 2003, 6.0 - Windows 2008, 6.1 - Windows 2008 R2)
· Hyper-V (2008, 2008 R2)
· Host Integration Server (2006, 2009, 2010)
· ISA/Forefront TMG Server (ISA 2006, Forefront TMG 2010)
· Office Communications Server 2007, 2007 R2, Lync Server 2010
· Windows OS (2000 Server, XP Professional, Sever 2003, Server 2008, 2008 R2, Vista, Windows 7)
Interested customers: Please contact your local IBM account team member.
Account Team members: Complete an on-line nomination form for each customer and/or business partner that you would like to nominate for participation in the Beta Program. The nomination form URL is:
You will need your IBM Intranet ID and password to access this site.
Your nomination will be confirmed & intimated as soon as possible.
After selected participant gives final acceptance to participate, they will be required to accept a legal agreement to protect IBM’s confidential information. The legal agreement will be presented on a program-specific web site where the authenticated customer will click on ‘I agree’ check box. It is a standard agreement that has been approved for use within IBM Software Group. This agreement must be accepted before the customer can participate in design feedback sessions, receive any product beta code or have access to the program web site.
We welcome nominations for IBM employees at outsourced accounts. A nomination form should be completed for that participant.
IBM internal employees not working at an outsourced account may also request access to beta facilities, however the support will only be available as development bandwidth allows. A nomination form is not required for this access. An e-mail should be sent to Kalyani Deshpande with following details:
• Name of the company you are associated with
• Name of the contact
• Email address
• IBM group, role, or project
Customer Nomination Considerations
Customers or Business Partners who are interested in participating in this Beta must:
• Commit time and resources to the testing of the product.
• Seriously consider being a reference account.
• Install and test early code (US English only) and provide feedback results.
• Report problems via the formal problem reporting process (Web forum).
• Provide test status as requested.
• Work with development during analysis and resolution of reported problems.
• Have a separate test environment to install beta code. The Beta code drops must not be installed in a production environment.
• Complete a Ship Readiness survey and a Final Exit survey as requested during the program.
The local IBM Account Team needs to facilitate the following activities:
• Submit a nomination as described above.
• Assist in obtaining completed surveys if necessary.
• Assist WW Customer Reference Team in gathering information for reference activities.
If you have any questions regarding this
program or the nomination process, please contact, Kalyani Deshpande, at