IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2 has shipped and is now available. This is a cumulative fix pack for IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6.2.3. This fix pack supersedes all previous IBM Tivoli Monitoring versions, including the most recent version 6.2.3 Fix Pack 1. The fix pack contains over 90 APAR fixes as well as a set of new features. This is an upgrade-only installation and documentation is provided via the README.
The following new features are included in IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 Fix Pack 2:
Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Enhance Tivoli Enterprise Portal to allow name/value pairs to be associated with Physical or Logical navigator nodes. Name references in Take Action command templates will be replaced with corresponding values from the selected navigator context. Values may be encoded as Link Wizard expressions that will be evaluated before being substituted into the command. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV21238 for more information.
- When plotting historical data from multiple managed systems that are not sampling at the same interval or that are not sampling at exactly the same time points, allow the chart to show connected lines instead of dots. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV21465 for more information.
- Serviceability improvement - Provide the ability to dynamically trace IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) components. This feature obviates the need to re-cycle an ITM monitoring process solely for the purpose of changing RAS1 trace settings for that process. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV27433 for more information.
- Allow situations with Take Actions and situations with Display Item to be duperized. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV27435 for more information.
Monitoring Agent for UNIX OS
- Add ability for the kuxagent main process to continue to run when there are failures in the internal data collectors (such as aixdp_daemon, stat_daemon, mount_stat daemons). A new attribute group named "Data Collection Status" is introduced to report on the health of internal daemons comprising the UNIX OS Agent. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV18119 for more information.
OS Agents Reports
- Provide a new OS Agents Report Prerequisites Scanner report to check system prerequisites for using the IBM Tivoli Monitoring OS Agent reporting solution and Tivoli Common Reporting. See the Problem Summary and Conclusion for APAR IV27966 for more information.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3 FP02 now supports the following:
- Solaris 11 - the XCU4 Utilities package must be installed on the Global zone and all Local zones where IBM Tivoli Monitoring is to be installed.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP2
- IBM DB2 version 10.1