The latest release of the Agent Builder currently available is version 220.127.116.11. It is available for download from Passport Advantage (part # CI6WIEN).
It provides many new features such as:
- Attribute group testers: You can test data sources in the Agent Builder without the need for a Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure. The data displayed includes the data that was collected and actual values for derived attributes.
- Script parsing enhancements: you can specify separators on a per attribute basis to do the following tasks:
- Separate one attribute from another with a custom separator that you define
- Extract a fixed number of bytes from the script output
- Delimit an attribute value with a string at the beginning and end of the value
- Return the remainder of a line of text as the attribute value
- Data filtering: You can now filter the data rows that are returned from attribute groups that return sampled data.
- File management improvements: By default, only a single copy of scripts, command files or supplemental files is embedded in the agent. These files in existing Agent Builder projects can also be consolidated.
You must un-install your existing builder prior to installing the latest builder, however un-installing the Agent Builder does not result in any loss of work, projects or agents. You will need to regenerate your agent and re-install your agents. The new agent is backwardly compatible with prior levels of the infrastructure, so there is no need to upgrade it.
The latest maintenance for this release is Interim Fix 0001 (18.104.22.168-TIV-ITM_ABLDR-IF0001
). It contains fixes for a number of APARs related to log monitoring, rates and deltas and others.
For more information and links, see https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/Tivoli%20Monitoring/page/Agent%20Builder.