Understanding SMTP authentication and securing your IBM Lotus Domino 8 server from spam
Learn how the SMTP protocol and SMTP authentication process works to secure your IBM Lotus Domino® 8 server from spam.
In this article
- Overview of the SMTP process
- Over of SMTP authentication
- Determing whether Lotus Domino is open relay or closed relay
- Making Lotus Domino a closed-relay server
- Enabling SMTP authentication on the Domino server
- SMTP authentication between Lotus Domion and Outlook clients
- Avoiding address spoofing when relaying mail from authenticated users
- Inbound anti-relay settings and message transfer to external Internet domains
- Appendix A: SMTP Notes.ini variables
- About the author
By Shrikant Jamkhandi
Learn how the SMTP protocol and SMTP authentication process works, how to verify whether the IBM Lotus Domino 8 server is open relay, and how to make Lotus Domino obey the SMTP authentication for securing the server from spammers.