Useful add-ons: zfcp HBA API library 1.3 (superseded)
Back to zfcp HBA API library Overview
zfcp HBA API library 1.3 (superseded)
If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
For use with "June 2003 stream".
- Superseded for use with "April 2004 stream" and "October 2005 stream" by lib-zfcp-hbaapi-1.4.tar.gz.
- Usage of zfcp HBA API library 1.3 with "June 2003 stream" is experimental.
This package is a complete replacement for lib-zfcp-hbaapi-1.2.tar.gz and contains the following changes:
- updated package version (1.3), updated library version (0:3:0)
- added SAN discovery tool san_disc (as an example program which uses libzfcphbaapi)
- minor changes of doxygen documentation
- removed HBA_STATUS_MORE_DATA from ReportLUNs (not returned anyway)
- added man pages for libzfcphbaapi, hbaapi.h, supported/unsupported APIs
This is lib-zfcp-hbaapi (zfcp HBA API library). It is part of an implementation of FC-HBA for the ZFCP device driver.
The zfcp device driver is a FCP device driver for Linux on zSeries. The whole implementation of FC-HBA for the zfcp device driver is called zfcp HBA API. Its implementation consists of the following parts:
- zfcp HBA API Library - a shared library which provides the API defined in FC-HBA.
- The kernel module zfcp_hbaapi which provides a misc device with certain IO controls for communication between kernel and user space. The module registers callback functions in the zfcp device driver and is able to use functionality provided by the zfcp device driver. This module is the connection between zfcp HBA API Library and the zfcp device driver.
- The zfcp device driver contains hooks at which callback functions of the zfcp_hbaapi kernel module are invoked. Furthermore the device driver provides functionality which can be used by the zfcp_hbaapi kernel module.
The zfcp HBA API support was first available on IBM eServer zSeries 990 processors with a microcode level (MCL) that includes the enhancements of October 31, 2003. Please ensure to use the latest available microcode level.
This support is also available on System z9.
The package doxygen (www.doxygen.org) is required for the complete build of the sources.
Generic installation instructions are given in file INSTALL. To build and install lib-zfcp-hbaapi, use the following steps:
- make docs
- make install
lib-zfcp-hbaapi installs by default in /usr/local/lib, the HBA API header file is installed in /usr/local/include and documentation is installed in /usr/local/share/zfcp-hbaapi-1.3. The library is named libzfcphbaapi.so. The HBA API header file is named hbaapi.h and should be included by applications that link against libzfcphbaapi.so.