src_vipa 2.0.4 (source VIPA)
Back to src_vipa Overview
src_vipa 2.0.4 (source VIPA) (superseded)
If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
- src_vipa version 2.0.4 (recommended)
- The package was improved with bug fixes and has been tested successfully with "June 2003 stream" and "April 2004 stream". It is now recommended.
src_vipa is a recommended utility that provides a very flexible means of source address selection to arbitrary applications. This is in particular useful for high availability setups, where the dummy device holds a "VIPA" (virtual IP address). src_vipa is a User Space utility and involves no kernel changes.
Installation and configuration instructions are provided in the package.
Please read the README and manpage of src_vipa enclosed in the tarball for further information and restrictions.
src_vipa is provided under the terms of the enclosed Common Public License ("agreement"). Any use, reproduction or distribution of the program constitutes recipient's acceptance of this agreement.
This update contains a fix for the following problem:
- Problem-ID: 38073
- Description: selinux.so _init() dies with src_vipa.so preloaded.
- Symptom: selinux linked application segfault when src_vipa.so is preloaded.
- Problem: src_vipa close() is called before src_vipa _init().
- Solution: Change src_vipa libc wrapper calls to initialize the lib in case _init() was not yet executed.