This s390-tools 1.7.0 contains changes and enhancements; it replaces s390-tools-1.6.3.
If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
s390-tools is a package with a set of user space utilities to be used with the Linux on System z distributions.
- zipl: IPL-retry on IFCC. This feature causes the hardware to retry a CCW IPL operation on an alternate channel-path if an interface-control check is detected during execution of the CCW IPL operation.
- zipl: Boot menu can be used to replace the kernel parameter
zipl's boot menu for DASD devices has been changed to allow replacing the complete kernel parameter string with user input when the first character of user input is an equals sign ('=').
- cpuplugd: Enhanced configuration file parser.
The parser of cpuplugd has been enhanced to provide more hints to the user at which entry in the configuration file a configuration error occurred.
- dumpconf: Add VMCMD support.
The dumpconf init script now exploits the new "shutdown actions interface" introduced with upstream linux kernel 2.6.25. Up to five VM commands can be specified to be triggered in case of a kernel panic.
- mon_fsstatd: Remove init script and sysconfig file
mon_fsstatd init script and sysconfig file are replaced by mon_statd, which controls both monitor daemons mon_fsstatd and mon_procd.
- lszfcp: Source code cleanup
No external interfaces changed.