Kernel 2.6 based: April 2004 stream
If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of user space utilities that should to be used together with the zSeries and S/390 LINUX kernel and device drivers.
Added new tools:
- zconf (chccwdev,lscss,lsdasd,lstape)
Added new features for existing tools:
- zipl: multi boot, IPL from tape, custom dump size limit
- dbginfo.sh: adaptions for linux 2.6
Note: qethconf and start_hsnc/ip_watcher have not been tested with the kernel of the "April 2004 stream" (Linux 2.6). osasnmpd currently does not work with the Linux 2.6 kernel.
Note: zipl "IPL from tape" is untested.
- HiperSockets Network Concentrator (start_hsnc/ip_watcher) and qethconf are now tested and therefore recommended.
- osasnmpd still does not work with Linux kernel 2.6.
- zipl "IPL from tape" is now tested and therefore recommended.
Note: Because of missing kernel-interfaces the following s390-tools from 1.3 will not work with the "August 2001 stream": start_hsnc/ip-watcher, osasnmpd, qetharp and qethconf.
SCSI IPL and dump:
To be able to use SCSI ipl and dump (zipl/zfcpdump) appropriate enablement microcode (FC9904) is required.
SCSI IPL for Linux as a VM-guest requires z/VM Version 4 Release 4 (PTF UM30989 installed) or higher.