This s390-tools 1.11.0 contains enhancements and bug-fixes; it replaces s390-tools-1.10.0.
If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
s390-tools is a package with a set of user space utilities to be used with the Linux on System z distributions.
- cmsfs-fuse: Add write support
With this support it is possible to add, delete, and modify CMS files under Linux
- cpuplugd: Code cleanup for messages
- zipl: Add support for automatic menus
When the keyword "defaultauto" is specified in the defaultboot section of a zipl.conf file, zipl will automatically build and install a boot menu including all IPL sections listed in the configuration file
- all: Add gcov build support
Extend the s390-tools build system to support gcov-based code coverage measurements. To use gcov on a compiled tool, perform these steps:
- # make G=1
- Run the tool
- # gcov file.c (where file.c is the source code file for which code coverage data is requested)
- Analyze gcov output written to file.c.gcov
Note: gcov is only available for tools written in C and C++
- Fix cio_settle usage when more than on device is changed
- Redirect stdout/stderr to prevent "startpar" hangs
- Fix return code of -h option
- Fix argument parsing for upstart jobs
- Rename "--date" to "--dates" option
- Fix return codes for -h and -v options
- Replace deprecated "df -m" by "df -B 1M"
- Check for maximum parmline size
- Fix heap overflow when installing large menus
- zipl dump tools:
- Add re-try logic for subchannel status