The IBM Development Package for Eclipse is an unsupported Eclipse-based development tool. It enables developers to build and run Java applications with its ready-to-run development environment out of the box. There are versions available for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit on Intel (xSeries).
Before you can download code, you will need an IBM Registration ID.
Download the IBM Development Package for Eclipse, Version 6.0, including IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8:
Download the IBM Development Package for Eclipse, Version 5.0, including IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7 Release 1:
Download the IBM Development Package for Eclipse, Version 4.0, including IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7:
Whether you are building on demand applications or are just getting started, IBM Rational® Software provides an open, comprehensive development environment that tightly integrates with Ready for IBM Rational Software plug-ins and 3rd party Eclipse-based offerings. Founded on open technologies and built on Eclipse, IBM Rational Software provides a flexible, portal-like integration of multi-language, multi-platform and multi-device application development tools for building, testing and deploying dynamic applications.
Get started developing with IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software with this free 60-day trial version:
- Get technical assistance with Eclipse from the source, Eclipse.org.
- The developerWorks Open source projects zone offers some excellent technical content on the Eclipse platform.
- For an excellent technical resource on the WebSphere software platform, including WebSphere Studio, visit the developerWorks WebSphere Developer Domain.
- Visit the developerWorks Rational Technical Library.
- Rational and Eclipse - open source standard.
- Rational software.