DB2 pureScale Feature
Workload balancing, automatic client reroute, and client affinities concepts and administration
This article describes the IBM® DB2® pureScale Feature®. It offers clustering technology that helps reduce the risk and cost of business growth, with application cluster transparency, scalability, and continuous availability. Organizations that run online transaction processing (OLTP) applications on distributed systems can use DB2 pureScale Feature to scale a database solution. It also provides resiliency through workload balancing and automatic client reroute as driven by an IBM Data Server driver or client.
In this article
The purpose of this article is to highlight the main features of DB2 pureScale Feature.
You’ll learn about the following:
- IBM Data Server drivers and clients.
- Server lists.
- Member priority.
- Workload balancing (WLB).
- Automatic client reroute (ACR).
- First connection redundancy.
- Client affinities.
- Client affinities configuration reload.
- Advanced timeout configuration.
- Application considerations.