Learn best practices for deploying IBM® DB2® 9 with the IBM System p™ virtualization technologies. System p virtualization technologies offer a richer set of platform-deployment features. These features range from simple resource isolation to an array of the most advanced and powerful functions, including: server-resource partitioning, autonomic dynamic-resource reallocation, and workload management.
DB2 9 is the industry’s leading information management platform. DB2 9 is enabled to leverage the System p virtualization technology. Innovative features such as host dynamic-resource awareness, online tuning of configuration parameters, and self-tuning memory management enables DB2 to be well suited for the virtualization environment. When running DB2 9 on the System p platform, selecting a right blend of virtualization features to achieve desired business goals can sometimes be challenging. This article is an abbreviated guide and should serve as a starting point for such deployments.
|Article in PDF format||dm-0801shah.pdf||108KB|
- IBM System p Information Center: Find technical information about IBM System p and AIX..
- IBM Publications Center: Get publications online for free.
- "Advanced POWER Virtualization on IBM System p5: Introduction and Configuration": Find an introduction to Advanced POWER Virtualization on IBM System p5 servers.
- "Implementing System p virtualization with DB2 and WebSphere using IBM Enterprise Workload Management" (developerWorks, June 2007): Learn the details of a solution that uses System p virtualization with DB2 and WebSphere using IBM EWLM in a J2EE environment.
- System p Virtualization Wiki: A collaborative environment for technical information related to System p Virtualization, including Advanced POWER Virtualization, DLPAR, VIOS, PLM and IVM.
- developerWorks Information Management zone: Learn more about DB2. Find technical documentation, how-to articles, education, downloads, product information, and more.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
Get products and technologies
- Build your next development project with IBM trial software, available for download directly from developerWorks.
- Participate in developerWorks blogs and get involved in the developerWorks community.