Welcome to Service Management Suite for zOS
IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS
IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS V1.4.1 is generally available now ! Announcement letter available here
What’s New with IBM® Service Management Suite for z/OS® (SMSz) V1.4.1
Updates to the IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS have been made to provide functions to manage the dynamic growth of transaction workload and data sharing between mobile, cloud, and analytics platforms. The new release contains significant updates to the following components that provide enhanced monitoring for JVMs, z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition, IBM DB2, and mainframe storage:
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS, V5.4.1:
OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS (OMEGAMON for JVM), a new stand-alone product, which is also integral part of SMSz, provides resource monitoring of all Java virtual machines (JVMs) on z/OS. The growth of Java technology adoption on z/OS requires system administrators to consider Java performance issues and optimization as part of an overall z Systems™ management strategy. OMEGAMON for JVM provides support for auto-detection of all online JVMs, resource monitoring of JVMs and CPU utilization, and integration with other products within the OMEGAMON family of products.
- IBM Tivoli NetView on z/OS, V6.2.1:
- Expansion of Tivoli NetView global variable support that extends the user's ability to manage UNIX System Services environments and store long path names or commands
- Expansion of automation table reporting, helping to simplify problem resolution, tracking of metrics, and optimization of the automation structure
- Improved serviceability and error identification for simplified VSAM management
- Security enhancements with user-defined command authorization definitions
- Usability improvements with Canzlog command supported simplification of archive message file handling
- Improved full screen automation support of IBM CICS screens.
- IBM Tivoli System Automation for z/OS, V3.5:
- New Tivoli System Automation best practices policies support z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition and IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS, V5.4.0.
- Enhanced hardware automation management to improve system performance. System Automation for z/OS users can model logical datacenere organizations to reduce network traffic and resource allocations.
Both OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite for z/OS and Service Management Suite for z/OS include a limited license for IBM Operations Analytics for z Systems with OMEGAMON Serviceability Log Analysis, a component that enables Tivoli OMEGAMON on z/OS users to perform in-context log analysis for internal Tivoli OMEGAMON and Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server logs for product problem determination. Full use of Operations Analytics for z Systems requires an additional purchase.