Downloads for IBM® SPSS® Statistics
Some items may be in more than one collection.
Essentials and Plugins
Programmability requires one or more of the Python®, R, and .NET plugins. Plugins are specific to the Statistics version and the operating system.
Essentials include a plugin, some useful modules, and some extension commands. Detailed documentation is installed along with the plug-ins, but you can get the pdf versions for R and Python separately here for Version 20 and here for Version 21. The V21 link will show a long list of items. Page through until you find the right item, considering the platform and bitness.
Python and .NET Essentials
- The Python Essentials for Statistics versions 22 and later are fully integrated with the main Statistics installation. They are no longer a separate item. You can install additional extension commands or update ones already installed from the Utilities menu within Statistics.
- The .NET plugins for versions 22 and later (Windows only) remains a separate download from the site where you download Statistics. It is also included on the physical media.
- The Essentials and Plugins for IBM SPSS Statistics Version 21 for Python and .NET are included with the installation media or download or via FixCentral. They are not provided on this site. There is no update to these for Statistics FixPack2. However, there may be newer versions of some extension commands available in the Extension Commands collection on this site.
- The Essentials and Plugins for IBM SPSS Statistics Version 20 for Python and .NET are available here. They have been updated to version 188.8.131.52 but are compatible with 184.108.40.206. NOTE: if you have the 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 version of the Essentials installed, you must uninstall it before installing this update.
- The Essentials and Plugins for IBM SPSS Statistics Version 19 for Python and .NET are available here. They are compatible with Statistics 19.0.0, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199.
- The Essentials and Plugins for PASW Statistics Version 18 for Python and .NET are available here. They are compatible with Statistics 18.0.2 and 18.0.3.
- The Essentials and Plugins that enable using R within Statistics are available at the following links. Download the version for your platform and the installation instructions. Be sure to read the installation instructions. You must download and install the appropriate R version from the R CRAN site site before installing the Essentials. The R version varies by platform and Statistics release. You can have multiple versions of R installed if needed.
- The Essentials for R for Statistics versions 19 and later are available here.
- There is no update to the plug-in for Statistics version 21 FixPack2, but there may be newer versions of some extension commands available in the Extension Commands collection on this site.
- NOTE: If you have the 20.0.0 version of the Essentials installed and want to upgrade it to the 188.8.131.52 version, you must install the older Essentials first.
- This link will take you to the SourceForge site where the Version 18 Essentials and Plugins are hosted.
Extensions, Tools, and Utilities
You can search within a Collection using the Search field. Don't use the Search developerWorks field on the top line.
Extension Commands - add-ons for IBM SPSS Statistics that work like standard syntax. These all require one or more plugin or Essentials. For a pdf document with a summary view of the IBM-written extensions, go here. With Statistics 22 or later, you can see summary information and download and install extensions from within the product using Utilities > Extension Bundles > Download and Install Extension Bundles.
Python modules for use in writing Python programs
Statistical Tools for use with IBM SPSS Statistics. May be standard syntax, Python programs, R programs, or other material.
SPSS Graphical Tools for use with IBM SPSS Statistics and other SPSS products
Utilities for working with IBM SPSS Statistics
SPSS .NET Materials for use with the IBM SPSS Statistics .NET plug-in
IBM® SPSS® Smartreader provides much of the dynamic functionality found in the IBM® SPSS® Statistics Viewer without requiring an SPSS Statistics installation, including the ability to:
Transpose rows and columns and drill-down through the layers of multidimensional pivot tables.
Explore models interactively with the Model Viewer from here
In unlocked documents, you can also:
- Explore tree diagrams with the Tree Viewer.
- Edit the content of pivot tables.
- Modify charts to change colors, fonts, swap axes, add interpolation lines, and even change thechart type (for example, change a bar chart to a pie chart).
- Change the appearance of tables and charts with TableLooks and chart templates.
Smartreader versions 21 and later for Windows, Mac, and Linux are available here (select the Tools for SPSS Products button on that page).
Older Smartreader versions are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux here.
The Statistics Diagnostics Tool, which collects system, environment, and configuration information for use in troubleshooting support issues is also available at the Smartreader link
IBM SPSS Statistics Web Report Application Server
A web report is an interactive document that is compatible with most browsers. Many of the interactive features of pivot tables available in the Viewer are also available in web reports. When you export output from the Viewer, you can include the URL for location(s) running the Web Reports Application Server..
The Server can be downloaded from here under Tools for SPSS Statistics Products, version 23.
Software Development Kits and I/O Modules
You don't need these items unless you want to go beyond the facilities provided above.
Software Development Kits (SDKs) provide tools for writing plugins via a C api, including a C api for Statistics.
The programmability Software Development kits (SDKs) for Statistics are available in this collection.
The SPSS I/O modules provide a way to read and write SPSS data files (SAV files) without a Statistics installation. While multiple versions are provided, the newest one can be used for all of the Statistics versions. The downloads contain the material for all the platforms supported by Statistics. The license terms on this page are different from the general developerWorks license used for other items, but they are intended to encourage broad usage of this material.
- The modules for Statistics Version 21 and later are available here.
- The modules matching Statistics versions 18 and 19 are available here.