SAP application support on IBM Power Linux systems
In 2004, the IBM Power Linux family of systems became the first virtualized Linux platform certified for SAP. SAP applications running on the IBM Power Linux platform provide superior performance and maintainability. SAP and IBM Power Linux systems can help you innovate, adapt, and compete.
SAP applications are certified on the following IBM Power systems running the Linux operating system on IBM PowerVM virtualization technology:
- IBM Power Systems S8xx and S8xxL
- IBM POWER 7xx - including IBM PowerLinux 7R1, 7R2 & 7R4
- IBM Flex System p24L, p260, p270 & p460 (Power nodes)
- IBM BladeCenter PSxx
- IBM POWER 5xx
- IBM i 5xx
- IBM BladeCenter JS22
- IBM BladeCenter JS21
- IBM System p5 5xx
- IBM System i5 5xx
- IBM OpenPower 7xx
- IBM eServer pSeries p6xx
- IBM eServer iSeries i825, i870 and i890
PowerPC 970 Family
- IBM BladeCenter JS20
- IBM BladeCenter JS21
Power Systems supported adaptors and switches
SAP on Power Linux systems supports all adaptors, switches, and other parts that are supported by the IBM Power Systems family and Linux distributions.
- Fibre Channel Directors, Switches and Hubs (requires Fibre Channel Adaptor)
- Network cards
- SCSI and RAID Adaptors
- Multipath Storage Drivers
- IBM TotalStorage DS4000 Linux RDAC multipath driver
- Linux dm-multipath kernel module
Additional supported adapters
Disk Drives and Subsystems:
DU3/TU3/DS4/TS4 Expandable Storage Plus
- Requires Ultra320 SCSI Adaptor
IBM System Storage DS4000 series storage systems
- Requires a Fibre Chanel Adaptor
IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC):
- for supported storage sub-systems please see http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/software/virtualization/svc/interop.html
More information about SAP on IBM PowerLinux systems
As an entry point please see Getting started with the IBM PowerLinux Solution Edition for SAP Applications at http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=SA&subtype=WH&htmlfid=POW03080USEN
For SAP on Power Linux systems performance benchmarks, see the SAP SD Standard Application Benchmark Results at http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/sd2tier.epx.
More information about Linux on Power systems can be found at http://www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/linux/.
For more information about SAP applications running on Linux, see http://www.sap.com/linux.
For a performance paper on Tuning SAP, see the IBM Blueprint: SAP 2-Tier Sales and Distribution Tunings for Linux on POWER7.
If you have questions regarding your specific configuration, contact IBM directly.