Video tutorials for BigFix Inventory (previously Software Use Analysis) are available on the BigFix Security Support channel on YouTube. They provide step-by-step instructions that complement the product documentation.
Installation on Windows
This tutorial consists of five videos which show how to install a complete environment, including SUA on Windows, IBM Endpoint Manager and MS SQL Server. It was prepared for LMT, however you can also use it for SUA on condition that you apply the changes described below each video.
- Part 1: Introduction. Installing Microsoft SQL Server
- Part 2: Generating a license with License Generator
SUA is not free of charge, therefore the IEM license authorization file must be obtained through the IEM License Key Center. For more information, click here.
- Part 3: Installing IBM Endpoint Manager
- Part 4: Subscribing to the License Metric Tool fixlet site
The action site for SUA is IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis v9. The .efxm file required for the BES Download Cacher is IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis.efxm.
- Part 5: Installing IBM License Metric Tool
This tutorial consists of two videos which show how to manage VM managers in the centralized and distributed approach. It was prepared for SR, however you can also use it for LMT and BFI.
This series shows how to manage your software inventory to ensure that all software products that are installed in your company are detected.
- Explanation of PVU
- New Software Classification panel
- Custom rules in software classification
- Reviewing recently discovered software
- Using thresholds to monitor license metric utilization
- Processor-based metrics for Microsoft products
This series provides information how to troubleshoot some common problems.