Enterproid Divide Management Extender Installation
Enterproid Divide Management Extender Installation
Enterproid Divide is a container solution for Apple iOS and Android Devices. Divide is an app that provides a workspace, or container, that mimics device capabilities while being isolated from the rest of the device. This allows information within Divide to be secured and managed separately from the rest of the device.
IBM Endpoint Manager integrates with Divide and allows Mobile Device Management features for devices that are enrolled with a Divide deployment. To proceed, you must have a contract with Enterproid. In addition, you must be familiar with Divide’s capabilities and administration. Finally, relevant devices must have the Divide app installed, and they must be properly enrolled. Further information can be found at http://www.divide.com
IBM Endpoint Manager manages Divide devices by utilizing an Enterproid Divide Management Extender. The management extender must first be deployed and then configured. Configuring an Enterproid Divide Management Extender requires the domain name registered with Enterproid and an access token provided by Enterproid; these are provided by your Enterproid Divide administrator.
Enterproid Divide Management Extender Deployment
To deploy an Enterproid Divide Management Extender, perform the following steps:
- Select the Mobile Device Management Site and navigate to Setup and Configuration > Setup and Configuration Wizard. The dashboard displays on the right. You might need to activate relevant analyses if prompted.
- From the Install MDM Management Extenders field, expand the node Setup Enterproid Divide Management Extender.
Select option 1, Deploy Management Extender for Enterproid Divide.
- With the Fixlet Task displayed, select Take Action.
- Select the first option, Click here to deploy….
- Select the computer you want to deploy the extender to and press OK.
- Wait for the task to complete, which might take several minutes.
- Return to the Setup and Configuration Wizard and ensure that the deployment was successful by looking for the X Deployed and X of X Configured notifications.
Note: When running tasks, there might be a delay between the task listed as “Completed” and all elements of the tasks actually completing on the host computer, such as software installation.
After a Enterproid Divide Management Extender has been deployed, it is listed as an individual computer with the name “Divide Container <##> (<Relay_Name>)” where <##> is the numerical number of the extender and <Relay Name> is the hostname of the relay that the extender is installed on. This behavior is different from other management extenders, and allows Enterproid Divide Management Extenders to be multitenant-capable without further configuration.
Subscribing a Management Extender to Mobile Device Management
Management Extenders must be subscribed to the Mobile Device Management Site to perform management functions. Ensure that new Management Extenders are subscribed to the Mobile Device Management Site by performing the following tasks:
- Navigate to: Mobile Device Management > All Mobile Device Management Content > Sites.
- Select the Mobile Device Management Site.
Select the Computer Subscriptions tab.
- If the All Computers radio button is selected, your deployment automatically subscribes new Management Extenders to the site; you do not need to continue with these steps.
- If you are subscribing sites using rules by selecting the Computers which match the conditions below radio button, continue to the next step.
Create a new rule by entering the following details for the rule:
- Device Type | contains | plugin
- Click Save Changes to save the new rules.
Enterproid Divide Management Extender Configuration
After an Enterproid Divide Management Extender has been deployed, it must be configured. Configuration requires the domain you registered with Enterproid as well as the associated access token; these are provided by your Enterproid Divide administrator.
To configure an Enterproid Divide Management Extender, perform the following tasks:
- Navigate to Mobile Device Management > Setup and Configuration > Setup and Configuration Wizard.
- Expand the Setup Enterproid Divide Management Extender node. Note that this area displays how many of these specific Management Extenders have been deployed and how many have been configured.
- Click Configure Extenders. In the displayed window, select the row that represents the extender that you want to configure and click Next.
Note: If you click the underlined computer name link, the console displays the properties of that computer. Click Back to return to the Configure Extenders window.
In the Configure Extender window, enter the following information:
- Domain Name: Enter the domain registered with your Enterproid Enterprise account.
- Access Token: Enter the access token provided by Enterproid.
- Use Divide Reseller Name (Advanced): Enterproid accounts can be sold by a third party. Check this box and enter a reseller’s name only if this situation applies to your deployment.
- Enrollment Tag for Multitenant Environment (Optional): If you are installing multiple Enterproid Divide Management Extenders, check this box and provide an Enrollment Tag to distinguish the management extenders from each other. For more information, see below.
- Click Configure Enterproid Divide Management Extender.
- Select the appropriate Enterproid Divide Management Extender in the Computer Name field and click OK.
- Return to the Setup and Configuration Wizard and ensure that a green checkmark is displayed to indicate that the Management Extender is configured. This process might take several minutes.
Enrollment Tag for Multitenant Environments
When configuring an Enterproid Divide Management Extender, the Enrollment Tag for Multitenant Environments checkbox is used only if you manage multiple management extenders. The Enrollment Tag is used to differentiate management extenders. Using an Enrollment Tag enables a multitenant environment that allows IBM Endpoint Manager Console operators to target specific devices according to the management extenders that manage them.
Select the Enrollment Tag for Multitenant Environments box and enter an Enrollment Tag to assign that Enrollment Tag to the management extender that you are configuring.
NOTE: When configuring an Enrollment Tag on an Enterproid Divide Management Extender, that extender is renamed to include the enrollment tag as part of its name. The naming convention is “Divide Container <##> (<RELAY_NAME>), <ENROLLMENT TAG>”.