IBM System Storage Archive Manager
This page includes documentation links for IBM® System Storage Archive Manager.
Beginning with Version 7.1.3, IBM System Storage Archive Manager is IBM Spectrum Protect™ for Data Retention. Some applications such as the software fulfillment systems and IBM License Metric Tool use the new product name. However, the software and its product documentation continue to use the Tivoli Storage Manager product name. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
Product documentation: IBM Knowledge Center
Product documentation includes instructions for installing, configuring, and completing all the major tasks with the product. To find the available versions of documentation, go to the product home page in IBM Knowledge Center.
Tip: All information center web addresses (pic.dhe.ibm.com or publib.boulder.ibm.com) are either redirected to IBM Knowledge Center, or have been shut down. If you have any problems with redirection not working, please let us know by adding a comment to this page.
Product documentation in PDF files is available for the following versions that have reached their end-of-service dates:
Tivoli communities provide a place where product users, IBM business partners, and IBM developers can read and contribute product information. The following community sites are available:
- Tivoli Storage Manager Wiki: The Tivoli Storage Manager wiki includes best practices, scenarios, and shared experiences with using the product.
- Storage Management community in Service Management Connect: Communities provide a place where you can read and participate in blogs, forums, and wikis, and find featured articles for your products.
- The Tivoli User Community (TUC) is sponsored by IBM with world-wide participation from a large group of professionals who use Tivoli products. The Storage Management zone in this community includes blogs and forums for discussion and collaboration, and links to web seminars, white papers, and other content from Tivoli.
Demos and Tutorials
- Service Management Connect YouTube channel: Search for "storage" in that channel.
IBM Redbooks Publications
- Technotes: IBM technotes include key information for troubleshooting problems with the product.