Walchand College of Engineering is situated midway between Sangli and Miraj cities at Vishrambaug, Sangli. In 1947, college made a modest beginning with Civil Engineering undergraduate course. (B.E. Civil), with an intake capacity of 60. Subsequently undergraduate courses in electrical and mechanical engineering, B.E.(Elec) and B.E.(Mech), with intake capacity of 60 each were introduced during the years 1950 and 1951 respectively.