Click to collapse section Community Description ▼ Click to expand section Community Description ▶ Community Description
Learn first-hand the fundamentals of hacking - how to find Web
application vulnerabilities through a combination of manual and
automated approaches, and what to do when a vulnerability has been
Few can argue that Web applications present significant threat of attacks for organizations. For IT security professionals, they also present a significant challenge. To stay ahead of hackers and protect sensitive data, security teams need to understand how vulnerabilities in applications are first exposed and then exploited by cyber-criminals for profit.
In this half day hands-on workshop you will learn:
- The importance of Web application security - today's most significant online threat.
- The two most common Web application attacks: Cross-site scripting & SQL injection. Find out how they occur and what can be done to prevent them.
- Manual versus automated approaches for scanning and identifying Web application vulnerabilities.
- How AppScan 7.6, an automated vulnerability scanner, can help you automate more of what you are doing manually today.
- Best practices for fixing vulnerabilities once they have been identified.