The IBM Smart Cloud Entry for Storage is a self-service portal for the Storage Cloud end user that complements SoNAS/V7000 Unified based file/object storage cloud service. This platform enables you to provide an environment that lets cloud users serve themselves while maintaining control over the allocation of file storage resources.
The self-service capabilities of IBM Smart Cloud Entry for Storage simplify the process of performing many common public or private Storage Cloud operations such as:
- Provisioning and de-provisioning file/object space;
- Creating projects to give team-specific access to file/object space;
- Billing, accounting, and metering support;
- Providing request and approval work flow support;
- Providing access to file space through normal protocols (https/cifs/nfs/ftp/scp);
- Providing access to object space through REST with object storage model;