Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-15T15:16:36Z by rayyogi
rayyogi
rayyogi
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rational Performance Tester - Results generation failed after execution

‏2013-11-13T22:40:32Z |

I executed a few duration tests for about 12 hours and a couple of tests failed to generate results.

1. One test failed to display result with the message. This test does not display anything at all
"No valid statistical data was found in result "<Test Schedule Name>" and location "All Hosts". Please select a different location for analysis. 

2. Another test failed to display results for 12 hrs but the performance report displays results for only 5 sec. 

How do I repair the result files and restore them?

Thank you,
Ray

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    260 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rational Performance Tester - Results generation failed after execution

‏2013-11-14T15:56:07Z  in response to rayyogi

HI Ray,

I discussed this post with my team, we would like more information if possible.

What is the version of RPT being used?

We confirmed that for 1. ""No valid statistical data was found in result " the information will not be recoverable.

For 2. report displays results for only 5 sec. , this implies statisical sampling is being done every 5 seconds, this is too small of an interval for a 12 hour run.

Can we get more details on the environment:

1. version of RPT being used

2. is the scheudle using remote agent controllers? If so how many?

3. Logging and statistical settings for at the schedule level?

This link may be useful, especially the section at the end, please refer to figure 6 and 7 about the Statistics Sampling Rate and the Logging level options

Practices to consider before you launch a performance test

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/optimize-load-handling/index.html

Thank you

• rayyogi
      rayyogi
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-14T17:17:50Z  in response to PaulLiskay

1. version of RPT being used

2. is the scheudle using remote agent controllers? If so how many?

This schedule is using 2 agents - 1 local host and 1 remote agent

3. Logging and statistical settings for at the schedule level?

Statistics Log Level: ALL

Statistics Sample Interval: 5 sec

• PaulLiskay
        PaulLiskay
        260 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-14T17:41:14Z  in response to rayyogi

Hi, I would turn off all logging and increase the sampling interval to say 2-5 minutes and rerun the test just to see if that allows the test to finish execution.

Check the diskspace on the machines used for the two agents.  Is the disk full.  If the JVM for the agents have been crashing look for java.core*, heap dumps. snap* files.  These take up a lot of space

• rayyogi
          rayyogi
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-14T17:56:30Z  in response to PaulLiskay

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info.

Disk space wasn't an issue during the tests.

Could you elaborate a bit on the use of Statistics log level - how does it effect turning ON and OFF?

Regards

• PaulLiskay
            PaulLiskay
            260 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-14T18:02:53Z  in response to rayyogi

Hi, on the link in my previous post look at figures 6 and 7.  To get to that point as shown in those figures edit the schedule then highlight the name of the schedule, the tabs in question on in the Schedule Element Details, see attached

Attachments

• This reply was deleted by AL1224 2013-11-14T21:08:32Z.
            • rayyogi
              rayyogi
              4 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-15T15:16:36Z  in response to PaulLiskay

Thanks Paul