Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-18T12:52:13Z by Ideraldo
Ideraldo
Ideraldo
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DS3200 not connect, Error PCI

‏2013-06-15T21:22:06Z |

Hi, i have a DS3200 IBM, I bought the storage only one controller more one daughter card SAS, the storage worked OK.  ten days ago a bought another controler with daugther card SAS, after I install the second controler the storage appears a error (light orange on the two controlers. I try swap the controlers, the same error (light orange).
I acess the storage with serial cable with Putty, and the following alert appears:

---- Log Entry #3 JUN-05-2013 10:51:04 AM ----

PCI DEVICE NOT FOUND: Host-side SAS Device=3 Function=0 ClassCode=0x10000 ParentBridge=PCI-X via ATU
REBOOTING.

---- Log Entry #4 JUN-05-2013 10:51:07 AM ----

PCI DEVICE NOT FOUND: Host-side SAS Device=3 Function=0 ClassCode=0x10000 ParentBridge=PCI-X via ATU
TRIGGERING LOCKDOWN.

can You Help Me?

Regards, ideraldo

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1404 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DS3200 not connect, Error PCI

‏2013-06-16T10:56:29Z  in response to Ideraldo

Dear Ideraldo,

could you confirm that all steps of controller installation instruction were completed ? Check section "Installing a controller" of DS3200 documentation:

Installation, User's, and Maintenance Guide - IBM System Storage DS3200
    http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5069915

If everything were done correctly, let's check DS Support Data of your DS3200.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• Ideraldo
      Ideraldo
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-16T15:43:21Z  in response to Novikov_Alexander

Dear Alexander.

Thanks for helping me, but I did much wrong by not knowing the equipment.

I bought the DS3200 equipment used, and it came with a controller and a daughter card, it was working right.

However, I needed four SAS ports for connecting four servers, so I bought another controller (used) with daughter card.

So I got the second controller I just insert it in place B, and tried to access the IBM Storage Manager client 10. Thereafter no controller worked more, I can not access anything with the Storage Manager.

I tried changing the controlers and put the controller A in site B (I think I made another mistake)

Unfortunately I made no step installation guide, for he had no knowledge of it.

I have a serial cable and can access the controler A and B for it.

I do not know what commands I can use via the serial connection to the equipment back to normal, at least with the controller A.

If you can help me I appreciate it!

Regards,

Ideraldo Bernardi

Chapecó, SC - Brazil

Updated on 2013-06-16T23:28:46Z at 2013-06-16T23:28:46Z by Ideraldo
      • Novikov_Alexander
        Novikov_Alexander
        1404 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-17T17:42:11Z  in response to Ideraldo

Hi Ideraldo,

lets check output of serial connection to both controllers one by one (use DS3200 with only one controller A).

Regards,
        Alexander Novikov
        Russia, Moscow

• Ideraldo
          Ideraldo
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-18T12:52:13Z  in response to Novikov_Alexander

Dear Alexander, thank  for your response.

Yesterday I checked the Installation, User's, and Maintenance Guide - IBM System Storage DS3200.

I update the storage controler A with firmware 7.0, and after the update  I put the controler B with storage On. The storage start and  works normaly.

Thank You very much!

Regards,

Ideraldo