• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-23T17:21:19Z by dan_darnell
giocot
giocot
164 Posts

Pinned topic Pass parameters between Rich UI Handler part

‏2013-05-23T16:49:09Z |

Hi

from the moment that I am a planner RPG and it is my habit to create a single program for every function, example for a CRUD application I create a program for ask  the code, a program for the display list/search and a program that it performs the write / update / delete , wondered me as in EGL Rich UI model  could be managed a situation of this type (CRUD), trying to create a Rich UI Handler for every function (application code, visualization, insertion etc. etc.) from the moment that I have not found the way to pass parameters among two Rich UI Handler.

I would like to have your opinions / suggestions of as you manage this situation, link and documents would be also very appreciated.   

Thanks in advance

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

Re: Pass parameters between Rich UI Handler part

‏2013-05-23T17:15:31Z  

Search the Rational Business Developer product documentation for "InfoBus" -- it is a publish and subscribe mechanism for communicating between components in Rich UI. At the end of the information on InfoBus, under "related concepts," is a link to another piece of documentation titled "Non-Infobus communication between Rich UI handlers" ... it covers an additional way for handlers to communicate (specifically, "delegates").

--Dan

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

Re: Pass parameters between Rich UI Handler part

‏2013-05-23T17:21:19Z  

There is also good information on InfoBus and examples in Joe Pluta's book (http://www.amazon.com/Developing-Web-2-0-Applications-EGL/dp/1583470891/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369329567&sr=8-3&keywords=joe+pluta).

--Dan