Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-17T13:21:11Z by anehete
anehete
anehete
13 Posts

Pinned topic Response Time Breakdown in RPT 8.3

‏2013-04-30T14:00:22Z |

How to start DCI (I am not getting the option of start monitoring in System tools on linux system) and resolve the  COuld not instantiate the ARM Broker implementation class error?

The steps I have followed for using the Response Time Breakdown in RPT are as follows:

1. Installed RPT 8.3.0 workbench on a machine ,say A( OS :Linux)

2. RPT Agent 8.3.0 (64 bit) installed on machine B(Linux ), which has the application server installed(Websphere 6.1;32 bit).The application server is instrumented.

3. Added Machine B in the Agent controller host on machine A(port 10002)

4. Enabled the "Enable the response time collection data " in a schedule and added Machine B in the Response time Breakdown locations in the schedule.

6. After starting the schedule from Machine A , I  get an  error saying DCI is not running

Referring to the "Installation Guide Supplement: Data Collection Infrastructure Installation and Instrumentation " we have to start the DCI on each machine (Machine B in this case ).However , the option of start monitoring is not present in the System tools and the schedule gives the following  error

com.ibm.rational.test.lt.kernel.KVirtualUserError occurred in XSS.  Message: COuld not instantiate the ARM Broker implementation class: com.ibm.rational.test.lt.armbroker.impl.ArmBrokerImpl_TMTP

• Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    120 Posts

Re: Response Time Breakdown in RPT 8.3

‏2013-05-02T11:27:22Z  

Hi

One way to get around such messgae ("

COuld not instantiate the ARM 
    Broker implementation class" error) is by telling RPT to disable the new (Majordomo) agent.  To do this, you would need to add 
    the -DrptACScheduleLaunch to the eclipse.ini on the RPT workbench computer, for example: 

-vm 
    C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP/Majordomo/jdk/jre/bin/javaw.exe 
    -startup 
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar 
    -install 
    C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP/rptse 
    --launcher.library 
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v2010122
    -vmargs 
    -Xquickstart 
    -Xms40m 
    -Xgcpolicy:gencon 
    -Xscmx48m 
    -Xshareclasses:name=IBMSDP_%u 
    -Xjit:disableValueProfiling 
    -Xmx1200m 
    -DrptACScheduleLaunch 

Note, however, that if you use this setting in the eclipse.ini, it is necessary to have the RAC running not only on the RPT workbench and the 
    server but also on any locations/agents used in the schedule.

• anehete
    anehete
    13 Posts

‏2013-05-02T12:56:06Z  
    <pre class="DocNote" dir="ltr" id="DocDetailsId"> Hi One way to get around such messgae (" COuld not instantiate the ARM Broker implementation class" error) is by telling RPT to disable the new (Majordomo) agent. To do this, you would need to add the -DrptACScheduleLaunch to the eclipse.ini on the RPT workbench computer, for example: -vm C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP/Majordomo/jdk/jre/bin/javaw.exe -startup plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar -install C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP/rptse --launcher.library plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v2010122 2 -vmargs -Xquickstart -Xms40m -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xscmx48m -Xshareclasses:name=IBMSDP_%u -Xjit:disableValueProfiling -Xmx1200m -DrptACScheduleLaunch Note, however, that if you use this setting in the eclipse.ini, it is necessary to have the RAC running not only on the RPT workbench and the server but also on any locations/agents used in the schedule. </pre>

Thanks Rajesh , that did work .

Though the schedule now runs fine , I am still getting the "The data collection infrastructure does not appear to be running on <IP>:10002.Please ensure that it is running and try again" when the schedule is launched.

Rational perforamance Tester Agent v8.3.0 is installed on Machine B(Linux machine) as mentioned in the question.But the option for "Start Monitoring " is missing from Applications->System Tools. Is there any other way to start DCI ?

I would like to have the DCI running to collect the response time breakdown.

• Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    120 Posts

‏2013-05-04T06:27:47Z  
    • anehete
    • ‏2013-05-02T12:56:06Z

Thanks Rajesh , that did work .

Though the schedule now runs fine , I am still getting the "The data collection infrastructure does not appear to be running on <IP>:10002.Please ensure that it is running and try again" when the schedule is launched.

Rational perforamance Tester Agent v8.3.0 is installed on Machine B(Linux machine) as mentioned in the question.But the option for "Start Monitoring " is missing from Applications->System Tools. Is there any other way to start DCI ?

I would like to have the DCI running to collect the response time breakdown.

At a command prompt change your working directory to the rpa_prod/rpa_comp folder in the data collection infrastructure installation directory, and type ./startDCI.sh.

• anehete
    anehete
    13 Posts

‏2013-05-06T05:23:49Z  

At a command prompt change your working directory to the rpa_prod/rpa_comp folder in the data collection infrastructure installation directory, and type ./startDCI.sh.

the startDCI.sh script is not present  in the rapa_prod/rapa_comp directory.DCI is installed when the Rational Agent Controller is installed or has to be installed seperately?

Updated on 2013-05-06T05:33:39Z at 2013-05-06T05:33:39Z by anehete
  • Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    120 Posts

‏2013-05-06T10:38:44Z  
    • anehete
    • ‏2013-05-06T05:23:49Z

the startDCI.sh script is not present  in the rapa_prod/rapa_comp directory.DCI is installed when the Rational Agent Controller is installed or has to be installed seperately?

Generally if you install the Agent controller, you should get these files by default. I'm not sure if the agent controller was installed successfully here. Can you check this part of the installation and see if the relevant startup scripts appear ?

I would assume that the information in the RPT help section is followed inline. However please ensure that you do not miss anything on this as documented.

Thanks.

• anehete
    anehete
    13 Posts

‏2013-05-06T12:02:50Z  

Generally if you install the Agent controller, you should get these files by default. I'm not sure if the agent controller was installed successfully here. Can you check this part of the installation and see if the relevant startup scripts appear ?

I would assume that the information in the RPT help section is followed inline. However please ensure that you do not miss anything on this as documented.

Thanks.

I have referred  the Installation Guide Supplement: Data Collection Infrastructure Installation and Instrumentation for configuring the response time breakdown , According to it

To Start the data collection infrastructure: 

"On a Linux system, from the start menu click Applications System Tools Start monitoring.

On other platforms, change your working directory to the rpa_prod/rpa_comp subdirectory in the DCI installation directory and enter ./startDCI.sh on a command line."

I have also tried re-installing Agent Controller The Agent controller installation completes successfully .However ,The option of "Start Monitoring" in System tools as well as the startDCI.sh and stopDCI.sh scripts are missing .

Has anyone  else faced similar issue?

Updated on 2013-05-06T12:04:42Z at 2013-05-06T12:04:42Z by anehete
  • PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    887 Posts

‏2013-06-17T12:53:12Z  
    • anehete
    • ‏2013-05-06T12:02:50Z

I have referred  the Installation Guide Supplement: Data Collection Infrastructure Installation and Instrumentation for configuring the response time breakdown , According to it

To Start the data collection infrastructure: 

"On a Linux system, from the start menu click Applications System Tools Start monitoring.

On other platforms, change your working directory to the rpa_prod/rpa_comp subdirectory in the DCI installation directory and enter ./startDCI.sh on a command line."

I have also tried re-installing Agent Controller The Agent controller installation completes successfully .However ,The option of "Start Monitoring" in System tools as well as the startDCI.sh and stopDCI.sh scripts are missing .

Has anyone  else faced similar issue?

Hi, that's from an older version of the RPT pub, beginning with RPT 8.2 the DCI stuff has been removed.  The ASI stuff is still there.

The ARM error message can also be resolved by upgrading to RPT 8303

• anehete
    anehete
    13 Posts

‏2013-06-17T13:21:11Z  

Hi, that's from an older version of the RPT pub, beginning with RPT 8.2 the DCI stuff has been removed.  The ASI stuff is still there.

The ARM error message can also be resolved by upgrading to RPT 8303

Thats right Paul, the documentation is of RPT v7.0.

The ARM error message is resolved by changing the eclipse.ini file.

I have also tried upgrading RPT from 8.3.0 to 8.3.0.3 ,but still get the same error (DCI not running ).How to collect response time breakdown with RPT v8.3.0.3?