• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-12T13:14:40Z by XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
31 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Plugin

‏2013-04-25T08:43:43Z |

Greetings,

I want to modify the security rights of users on folder at runtime in a plugin in ICN.

Where should i right the P8 Specific code for security in  the plugin??

Is the service class is specific for  the Document specific codes??

Thanks in Advance

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    102 Posts

Re: Custom Plugin

‏2013-04-25T11:49:45Z  

Hi.

Can you be more specific about your needs. I don't really understand what you want to do.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    31 Posts

‏2013-04-26T05:08:34Z  

Hi.

Can you be more specific about your needs. I don't really understand what you want to do.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas for the reply,

Actually there is a requirement of discussion forum on a specific folder in an ICN Plugin.

So, after discussion initiation, selected users have only read only permissions, so while contributing to the discussion they can also upload any document to the folder, so we have to change their security(selected users who are participating in a discussion) to Read-Write at runtime

Also, Discussion owner can change the users if he wants to (based on their involvement in the discussion) , so the removed user's security has to be changed to Read only.

So, i have to write the security code(P8 Specific) to modify the rights at runtime.

Where should i write security code in the plugin ??(i think not possible in the js files and  while exploring the samplePlugin , in the service class it is written their that "This service will invoke OD, P8, or CM API's to obtain system-related details about a document.").

can u provide a solution ?

Thanks in Advance.

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    102 Posts

‏2013-04-26T07:34:33Z  

Thanks Nicolas for the reply,

Actually there is a requirement of discussion forum on a specific folder in an ICN Plugin.

So, after discussion initiation, selected users have only read only permissions, so while contributing to the discussion they can also upload any document to the folder, so we have to change their security(selected users who are participating in a discussion) to Read-Write at runtime

Also, Discussion owner can change the users if he wants to (based on their involvement in the discussion) , so the removed user's security has to be changed to Read only.

So, i have to write the security code(P8 Specific) to modify the rights at runtime.

Where should i write security code in the plugin ??(i think not possible in the js files and  while exploring the samplePlugin , in the service class it is written their that "This service will invoke OD, P8, or CM API's to obtain system-related details about a document.").

can u provide a solution ?

Thanks in Advance.

How do you persist your folder containing discussions?

Assuming you're using standard P8 structures, if I were you, I would use subscriptions in a Content Engine side to address your point.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    31 Posts

‏2013-04-26T10:15:29Z  

How do you persist your folder containing discussions?

Assuming you're using standard P8 structures, if I were you, I would use subscriptions in a Content Engine side to address your point.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas,

Actually discussion folders(dynamic) are created by ICC automatically as a mail for discussion arrives, folder is created with the name of subject of the email. Discussion owners have read-write permission on the discussion and others users are invited for the discussion(initially Read only rights) 

Can we write the P8 specific code in plugin other than for a document.

Best Regards,

Keshav Chauhan

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    102 Posts

‏2013-04-26T12:30:58Z  

Nicolas,

Actually discussion folders(dynamic) are created by ICC automatically as a mail for discussion arrives, folder is created with the name of subject of the email. Discussion owners have read-write permission on the discussion and others users are invited for the discussion(initially Read only rights) 

Can we write the P8 specific code in plugin other than for a document.

Best Regards,

Keshav Chauhan

If I understand good, discussions are persisted by a FileNet Folder object (created by ICC).

Those folders have a security where the creator/owner has Full Control access rights.

Why don't you use standard right's on the folder to handle this? (With a subscription that propagates security to childs)

Best regards,

Nicolas

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-04-26T15:08:53Z  

If I understand good, discussions are persisted by a FileNet Folder object (created by ICC).

Those folders have a security where the creator/owner has Full Control access rights.

Why don't you use standard right's on the folder to handle this? (With a subscription that propagates security to childs)

Best regards,

Nicolas

I like Nicolas's suggestions.  I would say that if you are going to write custom P8 security code, then you would need to have server side services written in the plugin - this would leverage the P8 Java API.

• XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    XB3V_Keshav_Chauhan
    31 Posts

‏2013-05-12T13:14:40Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-26T15:08:53Z

I like Nicolas's suggestions.  I would say that if you are going to write custom P8 security code, then you would need to have server side services written in the plugin - this would leverage the P8 Java API.

Thanks Nicolas and Damooris for the suggestions.