8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-13T15:02:32Z by VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
Lasse
Lasse
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Class loading problem using JAX-RS in WAS 8.5.5 Liberty Profile

‏2013-06-26T08:34:34Z |

Hi,

We are using WAS 8.5.5 Liberty Profile with jax-rs feature to develop RESTful services.

We have created some custom user handlers as described in wink documentation. Theese handlers worked fine in WAS 8.5.0.2 Liberty Profile. When theese handlers are loaded in WAS 8.5.5 we run into problems.

The problem shows up when the handlers are loaded from the servlet and the DeploymentConfiguration.initHandlers() is called.

This method use org.apache.commons.ClassUtils but Apache Commons Lang is not on the Class Path.

Since liberty is build up on OSGi modules with their own classloaders we found no way to solve this.

I hope that handlers should be supported also in 8.5.5.

Regards

Lars

• VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
    VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Class loading problem using JAX-RS in WAS 8.5.5 Liberty Profile

‏2013-06-28T22:42:10Z  in response to Lasse

Hi, Lars,

What exactly is the error you're seeing?

And can you show me your code, including the handler code, your HandlersFactory class where you register the handler, the properties file containing

wink.handlersFactoryClass, and the web.xml file referencing this properties file.

Thanks,

Wendy

• Lasse
      Lasse
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T07:16:14Z  in response to VB3C_Wendy_Raschke

Hi Wendy,

I have brought together the information that I think you need in the attached document.

Regards

Lars

• VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
        VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
        14 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T21:24:54Z  in response to Lasse

Thanks. I'm going to request that a Liberty developer more knowledgeable with classloading take a look. I can see in my 8.5.5 installation that org.apache.commons.lang.ClassUtils is clearly there, in lib/com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.lang.2.4_1.0.0.jar. DeploymentConfiguration--much less hardly anything in the Wink binary prereq--has not been changed.

• VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
          VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T21:30:19Z  in response to VB3C_Wendy_Raschke

Something it doesn't look like you're doing, but I should ask to make sure: you're not packaging a third party Wink JAR in your app. Right?

• Lasse
            Lasse
            5 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-02T12:21:46Z  in response to VB3C_Wendy_Raschke

We are not packaging Wink in our app. We use the jax-rs support that comes in was 8.5.5

• VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
              VB3C_Wendy_Raschke
              14 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-02T13:30:36Z  in response to Lasse

I found out from other Liberty developers that this is a known issue, and has been fixed, and should be released with the next 8.5.5 fixpack (though I'm not sure when that is). Please open a PMR (I think they will try to provide an ifix, if you wish).