Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-17T15:35:41Z by damorris
BAVI5
BAVI5
52 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Plugin Error for ICN KB005

‏2013-10-15T16:56:09Z |

I am calling a web-service in the plugin. I am using RAD 8 to deploy the Plugin. When i run it i am getting "KB005" exception. The plugin works fine with ICN without the web service call. The web-service call (code) works in a sample java project. Is there any particular changes i need to make to make my web-service call work in the plugin?

• mattiasgreen
    mattiasgreen
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Plugin Error for ICN KB005

‏2013-10-16T04:40:47Z  in response to BAVI5

Can you please post the full stack trace for when you get the error? If possible, also provide SystemErr.log and SystemOut.log from WAS.

Updated on 2013-10-16T04:41:28Z at 2013-10-16T04:41:28Z by mattiasgreen
  • BAVI5
    BAVI5
    52 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T13:23:10Z  in response to BAVI5

Hi Here is the Stack trace related to the error.

[10/15/13 11:31:08:511 EDT] 0000002e SystemOut     O CIWEB Error
    com.ibm.ecm.mediator.p8.P8AttributesMediator.writeJSONMediator()
    java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: KB005
    at java.util.ServiceLoader$ServiceIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:202)
    at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.getProviderUsingServiceLoader(Provider.java:146)
    at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:106)
    at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:57)
    at com.westfield.filenet.records.IEnterpriseRecordsService.<init>(IEnterpriseRecordsService.java:35)
    at com.ibm.ecm.extension.sample.ValidatePluginResponseFilter.filter(ValidatePluginResponseFilter.java:76)
    at com.ibm.ecm.util.PluginUtil.invokeResponseFilters(PluginUtil.java:703)
    at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSONResponse(BaseMediator.java:444)
    at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.BaseAction.writeJSONMediator(BaseAction.java:636)
    at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.p8.P8GetDependentAttributeInfoAction.executeAction(P8GetDependentAttributeInfoAction.java:200)
    at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.p8.P8BaseAction.executeBaseAction(P8BaseAction.java:180)
    at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:176)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
    at com.ibm.ecm.struts.controller.ControllerServlet.process(ControllerServlet.java:239)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1224)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:774)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:456)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:136)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:79)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:928)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1025)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:87)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:895)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1690)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:434)
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:204)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:665)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:644)
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:119)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:627)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:62)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:58)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:598)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:598)
    at java.util.ServiceLoader$ServiceIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:197)
    ... 42 more
    Updated on 2013-10-16T13:24:13Z at 2013-10-16T13:24:13Z by BAVI5
    • arronla
      arronla
      89 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T17:53:48Z  in response to BAVI5

You basically have a ClassNotFoundException.  "Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl"

You just basically need to provide all the libraries in your plugin jar to call the webservice from ICN.

• BAVI5
    BAVI5
    52 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T14:49:05Z  in response to BAVI5

WAS8 has class in  "com.sun.xml.internal.ws.spi.ProviderImpl" extends javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider. The path to class is different. So i added a external jar file in my plugin lib and added the jar in the build path, but i still get the same error. 

I am building the EAR file with a dynamic web project and deploying in my local WAS 8.0.0.7. and i am still getting the same error.

• damorris
      damorris
      765 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T15:35:41Z  in response to BAVI5

We can't really help troubleshoot classpath issues with custom code.   To simplify this, I would recommend changing your 'web service' to be a simpler REST based service.  Then you can just call it with standard HTTP calls and eliminate the need for all of the complexity brought on by doing SOAP based legacy web services.