Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-20T17:42:19Z by Arun_Aviator
Arun_Aviator
Arun_Aviator
16 Posts

Pinned topic How to pass the current logged in user to the where class of Relationships in Maximo?

‏2013-07-03T17:56:57Z |

I need to create a relationship for an object in the database configuration application of maximo, wherein there is a need to get the result based on the current logged in user. how can I set this info in where class, I have tried :user , but it is not working. Please help

• bgbaird
    bgbaird
    282 Posts

Re: How to pass the current logged in user to the where class of Relationships in Maximo?

‏2013-07-03T17:59:57Z  

I use ":user" in lots of relationships.  To help out a bit, what is the parent, child, and clause you are trying yo use?

Brian

• Arun_Aviator
    Arun_Aviator
    16 Posts

Re: How to pass the current logged in user to the where class of Relationships in Maximo?

‏2013-07-03T18:04:20Z  
    • bgbaird
    • ‏2013-07-03T17:59:57Z

I use ":user" in lots of relationships.  To help out a bit, what is the parent, child, and clause you are trying yo use?

Brian

Hi Brian,

I am trying to use it in 'WORKORDER' object and the child is 'WPMATERIAL".

I have used :user in some conditional expressions attached to 'SIGOPTIONS' , it worked fine, but not with relationships.

Thanks

Arun

• Arun_Aviator
    Arun_Aviator
    16 Posts

‏2013-07-03T18:14:31Z  

Hi Brian,

I am trying to use it in 'WORKORDER' object and the child is 'WPMATERIAL".

I have used :user in some conditional expressions attached to 'SIGOPTIONS' , it worked fine, but not with relationships.

Thanks

Arun

This is the clause, I tried &personid&. no luck

(locationin((selectlocationfromlocationswhereinvowner ='&personid&')andsiteid=:siteid)

or(:owner ='&personid&')

or(:reportedby ='&personid&')

or(:status ='INPRG'and:owner isnull))

• bgbaird
    bgbaird
    282 Posts

‏2013-07-03T18:48:40Z  

This is the clause, I tried &personid&. no luck

(locationin((selectlocationfromlocationswhereinvowner ='&personid&')andsiteid=:siteid)

or(:owner ='&personid&')

or(:reportedby ='&personid&')

or(:status ='INPRG'and:owner isnull))

This may sound silly, do you have any spaces in you where clause?  They aren't in the post above.

• bgbaird
    bgbaird
    282 Posts

‏2013-07-03T18:57:01Z  
    • bgbaird
    • ‏2013-07-03T18:48:40Z

This may sound silly, do you have any spaces in you where clause?  They aren't in the post above.

The relationship between workorder and wpmaterial is pretty well set.  What different wpmaterial records are you trying to include/exclude?

It also helps me a lot to start out small, then add pieces. 

:reportedby = :userid

get it working, then add :owner = :userid

• Arun_Aviator
    Arun_Aviator
    16 Posts

‏2013-07-04T03:23:59Z  
    • bgbaird
    • ‏2013-07-03T18:57:01Z

The relationship between workorder and wpmaterial is pretty well set.  What different wpmaterial records are you trying to include/exclude?

It also helps me a lot to start out small, then add pieces. 

:reportedby = :userid

get it working, then add :owner = :userid

Thanks Brian, I will run with your suggestion and check if it works.

The logic I am trying to bring in is, I want to attach this relationship to the  Materials Table under the Plans tab of workorder by replacing the current table relationship, by means of it,

I will be showing the records which has the storeroom where the current logged user is set as the Inventory owner.

or if the logged in user is the owner of the workorder or the reportedby then ill be showing all the planned material rows. That is why I am passing the current logged in user value. But I was not sure through which variable I can pass it.

• Arun_Aviator
    Arun_Aviator
    16 Posts

‏2013-07-13T09:36:46Z  

Thanks Brian, I will run with your suggestion and check if it works.

The logic I am trying to bring in is, I want to attach this relationship to the  Materials Table under the Plans tab of workorder by replacing the current table relationship, by means of it,

I will be showing the records which has the storeroom where the current logged user is set as the Inventory owner.

or if the logged in user is the owner of the workorder or the reportedby then ill be showing all the planned material rows. That is why I am passing the current logged in user value. But I was not sure through which variable I can pass it.

:user worked great :)

• QiupingMao
    QiupingMao
    6 Posts

‏2013-07-13T17:53:54Z  

:user worked great :)

username and personid could be  same or different in maximo, depend on the field, you can use, the blog entry should help.

:&PERSONID&

It resolves to the person id of the current logged in user.

:&USERNAME&

It resolves to the current log in user name.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/a9ba1efe-b731-4317-9724-a181d6155e3a/entry/special_kind_of_maximo_bind_variables13?lang=en

• Arun_Aviator
    Arun_Aviator
    16 Posts

‏2013-07-20T17:42:19Z  

Thanks a lot :)  that really helps.