Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T18:16:20Z by JAntley
RainerMahr
RainerMahr
8 Posts

Pinned topic No upload of a file any more?

‏2013-04-30T08:32:29Z |

After the recent migration I'm not able any longer to upload a file. I'm even the owner of that community and I couldn't find any possibility to upload a file any more. Was there any change ? Where can I do that ? Or did I miss anything ?

Thanks

Rainer

• martinfu
    martinfu
    1 Post

Re: No upload of a file any more?

‏2013-05-03T17:02:22Z  

At least ... I don't seem to be the only one having exactly this problem.

I'm the owner and creator of my community ... and can't find anymore how to upload files. :-(

There's somewhere a video on how to do it ... in that video they click on a "Apps" menu button at the top of the screen. This is supposed to work for IBM Communities. But in developerWorks ... it seems they forgot that whole menu bar at the top of the screen ... therefore also this "Apps" button is missing.

Let's hope, someone can give a useful hint on how to do what in order to upload and manage files within developerWorks.

• Pradeep Natarajan
    Pradeep Natarajan
    1 Post

‏2013-05-03T18:45:40Z  
    • martinfu
    • ‏2013-05-03T17:02:22Z

At least ... I don't seem to be the only one having exactly this problem.

I'm the owner and creator of my community ... and can't find anymore how to upload files. :-(

There's somewhere a video on how to do it ... in that video they click on a "Apps" menu button at the top of the screen. This is supposed to work for IBM Communities. But in developerWorks ... it seems they forgot that whole menu bar at the top of the screen ... therefore also this "Apps" button is missing.

Let's hope, someone can give a useful hint on how to do what in order to upload and manage files within developerWorks.

Send a note to talk2dw@us.ibm.com describing the problem. Hopefully someone will respond and fix the issue.

• RainerMahr
    RainerMahr
    8 Posts

‏2013-05-06T08:32:21Z  

Send a note to talk2dw@us.ibm.com describing the problem. Hopefully someone will respond and fix the issue.

Well, I did already, but didn't  get a response so far. However, I spent some time to view help files and did some testing and finally found the new way. There are 2 Tabs at the top, one called 'Share Files' and the other 'Share Folder'. If you press the 'share files' tab there is a link to browse your computer and upload the file you like. This is new, confusing and a major change for me and should have been published better. Anyway, although I know now how to do this, I still couldn't find what the other tab means and what advantages this general change would give me at all.

Thanks

Rainer

• JAntley
    JAntley
    130 Posts

‏2013-05-07T18:16:20Z  

Well, I did already, but didn't  get a response so far. However, I spent some time to view help files and did some testing and finally found the new way. There are 2 Tabs at the top, one called 'Share Files' and the other 'Share Folder'. If you press the 'share files' tab there is a link to browse your computer and upload the file you like. This is new, confusing and a major change for me and should have been published better. Anyway, although I know now how to do this, I still couldn't find what the other tab means and what advantages this general change would give me at all.

Thanks

Rainer

Apologies for the delay, we are dealing with an unprecedented volume of customer feedback.  You can get to Files by clicking Community (in the masthead) > My home > My Files (section is visible if you have uploaded files).  A direct link to Files is https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/