• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-09-05T09:58:07Z by sinhaks
sinhaks
sinhaks
4 Posts

Pinned topic how to monitor resources for a bridge agents

‏2014-01-14T10:44:13Z | file fte managed mq mq-mft transfer

Hello,

I have a scenario where i am using a bridge agent to get the files. I am looking for a solution where the agent  checks the SFTP server periodically and if finds a new file , the files need to be transferred to other system. I know for a normal agent we have resource monitor, but not for bridge agent. As in wmq 7.5 infocenter, i could see :- "The fteCreateMonitor command is not supported on protocol bridge agents."

Is there any way where i can periodically monitor the new files at the SFTP server and once new file(s) are found, we can transfer the files through MQ-MFT.

Thanks,

Sumit

• Steve_Bergene
    Steve_Bergene
    1 Post

Re: how to monitor resources for a bridge agents

‏2014-07-25T14:34:10Z  

The IBM docs say "You can transfer files to and from an FTP or SFTP file server outside your WebSphere® MQ File Transfer Edition network using a protocol bridge agent."

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fbridge_transfer.htm

Here is my question, have you ever seen an example of getting a file from an SFTP Server?

Below is a transfer that will get a fixed file name in perpetuity from an SFTP Server, I need to have it work for multiple files that I don't know the name of.

fteCreateTransfer -sa SFTP.BRIDGE.AGT -sm FTAB -da WIN2008.R2PRO.AGT -dm FTAB -ss 2014-07-25T14:12 -oi minutes -of 5 -jn "eva2_to_xfer_hub"  -sd delete -de overwrite -df "D:\\mqfte_data\\xfer\\eva2\\outbox\\SOA_eva2_outbox_test2.txt" "\eva2\outbox\SOA_eva2_outbox_test2.txt"  

Does anyone have an example automating the "get" of unknown filenames from an SFTP Server?

• sinhaks
    sinhaks
    4 Posts

‏2014-07-25T18:59:04Z  

The IBM docs say "You can transfer files to and from an FTP or SFTP file server outside your WebSphere® MQ File Transfer Edition network using a protocol bridge agent."

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fbridge_transfer.htm

Here is my question, have you ever seen an example of getting a file from an SFTP Server?

Below is a transfer that will get a fixed file name in perpetuity from an SFTP Server, I need to have it work for multiple files that I don't know the name of.

fteCreateTransfer -sa SFTP.BRIDGE.AGT -sm FTAB -da WIN2008.R2PRO.AGT -dm FTAB -ss 2014-07-25T14:12 -oi minutes -of 5 -jn "eva2_to_xfer_hub"  -sd delete -de overwrite -df "D:\\mqfte_data\\xfer\\eva2\\outbox\\SOA_eva2_outbox_test2.txt" "\eva2\outbox\SOA_eva2_outbox_test2.txt"  

Does anyone have an example automating the "get" of unknown filenames from an SFTP Server?

Hello,

Its a different question, and it should be posted in a different thread to get best replies.

For your requirement, there is a probable solution :- If all the unknown files are on a same source path, you can use '*" instead of the file name. Or if you have some specific pattern file to fetch like A_B_C.txt and A_Z_X.txt, you can use A_* as the pattern of the source file name. If the files are on different paths,i guess you need to create different rules. It will work

Thanks,

Sumit

• mohiddinshaik
    mohiddinshaik
    2 Posts

‏2014-08-26T16:19:38Z  

Hi Sumit, 

Did you get any where with bridge agent monitor , I'm similar issues , want to avoid MFT scheduler from picking up file which are currently being open or written. 

While defining monitor there is an option to check the file not changed for defined set of intervals - however for bridge agent I dont see such option using fteCreateTransfer command.

Any help /ideas on this will be much appreciated.  

Thanks

Shaik

• sinhaks
    sinhaks
    4 Posts

‏2014-09-05T09:58:07Z  

Hi Sumit, 

Did you get any where with bridge agent monitor , I'm similar issues , want to avoid MFT scheduler from picking up file which are currently being open or written. 

While defining monitor there is an option to check the file not changed for defined set of intervals - however for bridge agent I dont see such option using fteCreateTransfer command.

Any help /ideas on this will be much appreciated.  

Thanks

Shaik

Hi Shaik,

Per Infocenter, monitors are not supported on Bridge Agents. You can check the the below URL, if your concern is ragarding file locks.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21579172.

What i have implemente is: - i am deleting the file from source side once the transfer is successful and have scheduled the transfer. So as scheduled, when the transfer starts, it will transfer the files if the files are present at the source side. The only over burden here is , if you are using DB logger, everytime the schedule tranfser runs and it didnt finds the file, it will still log there in the DB.

Thanks,

Sumit