Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-10T14:57:41Z by SJC
Websphere Process server
19 Posts

Pinned topic How to stop/Start the MQ ActivitationSpec listener

‏2014-06-03T18:30:41Z |

Hi,

I have an one-way operation which will listen for messages ,pick up and process from MQ. I want to check the listener status at runtime using admin console.I want to start/Stop the listener with out stopping the application.Can someone help me on how to do this using WPS 7.0 admin console.Thanks a lot..

With Regards,

Venki.

• TrushkinAndrey
    TrushkinAndrey
    71 Posts

Re: How to stop/Start the MQ ActivitationSpec listener

‏2014-06-04T05:40:44Z  

Hi.

Yes, you can.

In WPS Admin Console click Applications->SCA modules->"your module name". In your module section select MQJMS export, and go to the Runtime tab. You will see ActivationSpec for this export there and two buttons: Stop and Resume.

Regards,

Andrey

• Websphere Process server
    19 Posts

‏2014-06-04T13:42:34Z  

Hi.

Yes, you can.

In WPS Admin Console click Applications->SCA modules->"your module name". In your module section select MQJMS export, and go to the Runtime tab. You will see ActivationSpec for this export there and two buttons: Stop and Resume.

Regards,

Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Thanks very much for the reply.But In my admin console.But,I'm not able to see the runtime tab at MQ Export level.Please find the attachment which i captured from console.Please help me on any other way of doing start/stop the listener through console.

• TrushkinAndrey
    TrushkinAndrey
    71 Posts

‏2014-06-09T04:03:20Z  

Hi Andrey,

Thanks very much for the reply.But In my admin console.But,I'm not able to see the runtime tab at MQ Export level.Please find the attachment which i captured from console.Please help me on any other way of doing start/stop the listener through console.

Hi.

I get it, you have native MQ binding, not MQJMS. So, you can't start/stop ActiveSpec from WAS Admin Console. If you want to do this, you should change MQ Binding to the MQJMS binding.

And this is much more good practice, because MQJMS binding in a lot of cases works correctly, than native MQ.

• SJC
    SJC
    27 Posts

‏2014-06-10T14:57:41Z  

Hi Andrey,

According to the documentation a runtime tab should be available for Native MQ as well as MQ JMS bindings of SCA Exports.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS7J6S_7.0.0/com.ibm.websphere.wbpmhelp.doc/com.ibm.ws.console.sca/SCAModule_nativeMQExportBinding.html?lang=en

If you are not on the latest V7 fixpack level it's also possible that this functionality may not be available.

General reasons why a Runtime tab might not be displayed:

• The application server / cluster where the SCA Module is deployed is not running
    • The SCA module (application) is not running
    • You don't have Operator or Administrator security access to the WebSphere admin subsystem (if enabled)

You may also be able to go directly to the relevant Activation Specification (under Resources in the main console navigation) and then to its runtime tab.

This article may also be useful

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1104_madgula/1104_madgula.html

/Stephen